Wandahome near Hull

Jan 19, 2007
Visit site
We are over in the Yorkshire Wolds next weekend having entered a fifty mile walking event that starts from Driffield at 8am on Saturday. Whilst we are in the area, we thought we would go to the above dealership on Sunday to have another look at their take on the Swift Charisma. What we saw at the NEC in Feb, we liked very much. If we decide to go ahead and trade in our Virginia for the tiny end kitchen Corniche, it would be good to hear if anyone has had any dealings with this company? Are they easy to deal with? If there is (and I hope there isn't obviously) a problem with the new van, are they quick to sort things out? As they are a fair distance from home, it would be nice to here that others have only good to say about these people.

Thank you

Denise

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
Hi Denise, we are onto our second van from Wandahomes, and I can truly say you would be hard pressed to find a nicer, or more helpful bunch of people.

They are very easy to deal with, we had a problem with the lock on our Coachman Pastiche, the key snapped in the lock. As we were away for the week, we bought a replacement lock to tide us over til we got back. When arriving home, I phoned Wandahome, and a coachman replacement was oredered for us immediately.

Also, when we first bought the Pastiche, we had a problem with the water not working. It was our first trip in it, and they sent us a repairman to our caravan site, who immediately fixed the problem. I would have no hesitation in recommending them to you, or anybody.

Hope this helps, Cheers, Roy.

Jan 19, 2007
Visit site
Thank you Roy. That's great. They sound a good, helpful bunch. If we go ahead, hopefully we won't have problems with the new van, but if we do, it sounds like they will make them their problems not ours.

Denise

May 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi Denise,

We ordered a new Swift van from Wandahome at the NEC in October and travelled up to Yorkshire to collect it at Easter. I wish I could echo Roy's commendations but I cannot. In keeping with the rules of this site I won't go into details, but we would never buy a van from them again.

This was our 7th van, in about 25 years of caravanning, but we have never had a similar experience with any other dealer.

Mike A

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mike

I guess you were spoilt at Chipping Sodbury. Sorry to hear the latest purchase was a disaster.

Cheers

Dustydog

May 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi DD

You are right on one side, we certainly were spoilt by Chipping Sodbury and to a large extent by Mendip Caravans and Davan Caravans before them.

It would be unfair on Wandahome to rate the recent experience as a disaster, but out of seven caravan purchasing experiences it certainly came seventh. However I am sure they must have loads of very happy customers and that ours was out of the ordinary range otherwise they would have been out of business a long time ago.

Cheers

Mike A

Apr 23, 2005
Visit site
Hi

We bought a Compass Liberty from Wanderhome at the NEC about 7 years ago and I suppose we should not have done that bearing in mind that we live about 100 miles south of them. So I suppose it rather depends on where you live in relation to their location.

In those days they had a mobile service network called I think "Happi" and their local agent attended to all our after sales service issues and services. However this only lasted for about 1 years before you then had to pay a very substantial sum to remain in their plan. In our case as soon as warranty had expired we found another solution but until then we had no complaints with their service although, due to the Explorer group we did have quite a few warranty issues not all of which were handled to our liking due to this manufacturer.

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Moderators Edit:

This post was removed because it was in direct breach of rules 3 & 4 of forum etiquette.

The person who submitted the post unfortunately hasn't had the decency to use an identifiable username or email address so why we should be expected to be influenced either way by the unsubstantiated post is beyond me

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
lets put it this way they are 20 minutes down the road from me and I've just bought my new Coachman Amara 640/6 from a dealer in Mirfield, an hour and a half away!! This was not because of a considerably better deal either. I have my van serviced by an approved workshop close to home so not got any real knowledge of theire workshop facilities but I would ask them if they would complete all work themselves in all circumstances or if the van would under any circumstances be sent elsewhere. Listen carefully to the answer and form your own opinion.

Jan 19, 2007
Visit site
It looks like there have been some good and bad experiences but we have decided to go ahead. They had the new caravan we wanted available and will be able to collect in a couple of weeks. As for servicing, we can apparently use a Swift service centre locally so that shouldn't be a problem. We have had good and bad experiences with other dealers but I presume there are more good experiences than bad with all of them otherwise we wouldn't keep buying new (or used) vans from them. Thanks for the feedback folks.

Best wishes

Denise

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
We bought our first caravan, a 2006 Bailey Pageant Burgundy from Wandahome last July, just about on it's 3rd birthday. What Wandahome didn't tell us was that it had missed it's second service and so any future damp issues would not be covered under the Bailey guarantee. We have not been at all impressed with their after sales service and this will definitely be the last caravan we buy from them. Also while using the adjacent accessory shop, Waudby's, which is absolutely superb, we have heard other customers complaining about the poor service they have received from Wandahome. You can only speak as you find but from my own opinion I would never buy from them again.

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi

Its important to note that there are actually two Wandahomes - one at South Cave and one at Knottingly. They are different companies - we live in Scotland and bought our caravan from Knottingly after visiting The Lawns Show at Hull and so far so good. One slight problem resolved easily.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
We bought our 18month old Compass Liberty from them for quite a few grand cheaper than it it is presently, even three years on!! Apart from the salesman being a "bit of a lad" We have had a very good service from them. Then again, this is the knottingly Wandahome.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts