Wanted. All year round Awning.

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for all the feedback folks. I’ve now purchased the Isabella Venture which is in pristine condition. I think for £200 its a good deal.
There’s a lot of good information on the Isabella website for all aspects of usage. I don’t know if Venture is different to some of the other Isabella but Isabella tend to adopt a differed approach for fitting storm guys. They place them inside. Might be worth investigating for your awning. I had a Magnum that also had Isolink storm protection. This comprised low level fixed points along the two sides and front that had rubber straps fitted to them and then pegged into the pitch. Very effective.
The link below is in EN

Isolink storm retainer

IMG_3126.jpeg

Mar 20, 2023
Visit site
There’s a lot of good information on the Isabella website for all aspects of usage. I don’t know if Venture is different to some of the other Isabella but Isabella tend to adopt a differed approach for fitting storm guys. They place them inside. Might be worth investigating for your awning. I had a Magnum that also had Isolink storm protection. This comprised low level fixed points along the two sides and front that had rubber straps fitted to them and then pegged into the pitch. Very effective.
The link below is in EN

Isolink storm retainer

View attachment 5660
Many thanks for the great advice

Sep 21, 2022
Visit site
If you are wanting acquality awning that will withstand the rigours of winter then I have two bits of advice.
1. Up your budget considerably! (About 300% to get anything worth having)
2. Go for a poled (not air) item from a good manufacturer such as Isabella or Dorema.

In the awning market you don't get what you don't pay for! Sure there are cheaper awnings around, but they are cheaper for a reason!
Is there a problem with air then?

Aug 12, 2023
Visit site
I am with Plodd , I sold a brand new Dorea for £50 because we didn't want a full size awning , free with the caravan,4 years old used once. But worth probably £700. No takers, look on E bay.
Our caravan came with fullsize canvas pole awning. Only put it up once and probably won't again as we've bought more user friendly inflatable porch awning. I suspect there are 1000s of these types of awnings in garages collecting dust that only get taken out when caravan is sold.

Once up they are great if planning 1-2week stay but for touring inflatable porch awnings are way to go.

Reactions: Hutch
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We moved away from a full, size awning as changing vans invariably meant buying another awning. So we bought a very lightweight one that showed us what could be done, then moved on to a pre owned immaculate Isabella Magnum, then a smaller Dorema Quattro. All were poled and I never had any problems setting them up. I preferred poled as I could carry the awning and pole separately.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Our air awning lasted 5 outings with us and sold it when it was still under 6 months old. We do still have one small 200 air awning which is great for short breaks in the winter. Cost was £160 about 5 - 6 years ago.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We also use air porch awning for touring it was easier to put up and after only using it twice got a good price when we sold it .

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I have a small Sunncamp 220 air awning, must be 6 or 8 years old. Good enough for hiding tables and chairs in. Use it all year round. The bladders maker must have had the heating up never blown the seal.
Also have a 300 carbon lite poled, keep meaning to sell it. But never get round to that. Both light weight. But we just want cover for tables Chairs at night. Studio_20210303_171245.jpg

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
BB having only used it twice is hardly a glowing endorsement. What was your reason for selling it?
We brought a brand new Vango Capella 220 Air porch with a Draught seal system create a tight seal between awning and caravan it was lightweight only using it twice due to my health we decided to sell our caravan this was the reason for selling it, the porch awning was fantastic

Reactions: otherclive
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We brought a brand new Vango Capella 220 Air porch with a Draught seal system create a tight seal between awning and caravan it was lightweight only using it twice due to my health we decided to sell our caravan this was the reason for selling it, the porch awning was fantastic
However having only used it twice as OC points out hardly qualifies for a glowing endorsement? After several or more uses I would agree. (y) :)

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Sorry I forgot you had bought a new awning not long before your decision to sell the caravan.🙂

Aug 12, 2023
Visit site
I have a small Sunncamp 220 air awning, must be 6 or 8 years old. Good enough for hiding tables and chairs in. Use it all year round. The bladders maker must have had the heating up never blown the seal.
Also have a 300 carbon lite poled, keep meaning to sell it. But never get round to that. Both light weight. But we just want cover for tables Chairs at night. View attachment 5728

Aug 12, 2023
Visit site
Had 220 for 6months and few trips. We use it for bikes, rain gear, rubbish bin and shoes. Only small caravan with limit storage for these things.. Great for coming and going in rain.

Held up to some strong winds. Biggest issue was rocking of caravan from wind hitting awning keeping me awake. Ended up pulling it down at 4am. In future will check forecast and maybe pull it down before night fall .

Reactions: Hutch

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts