Wanted. All year round Awning.

Mar 20, 2023
Visit site
Hi there
Were pretty new to caravaning and have just taken a seasonal pitch for the next 14 months. We’re looking for an all year round awning with quality and condition more important than the age as we want it to last. I’m offering £200 if anyone has something that would fit the bill. We have an Abbey 215 that’s 16 years old and want something that’s small to medium in size rather than a full awning.

Many thanks

Mark

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
If you are wanting acquality awning that will withstand the rigours of winter then I have two bits of advice.
1. Up your budget considerably! (About 300% to get anything worth having)
2. Go for a poled (not air) item from a good manufacturer such as Isabella or Dorema.

In the awning market you don't get what you don't pay for! Sure there are cheaper awnings around, but they are cheaper for a reason!

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I am with Plodd , I sold a brand new Dorea for £50 because we didn't want a full size awning , free with the caravan,4 years old used once. But worth probably £700. No takers, look on E bay.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
As well as the marques above Bradcot are a well established awning manufacturer. The Isabella Magnum finds favour among caravanners. I had a pre owned one that I bought from the Caravan and Motorhome Club classifieds. I’ve also had Dorema full size and porch too.

Mar 20, 2023
Visit site
Thank you for the replies, yes I’m also looking on eBay. It’s certainly more difficult finding a year round awning but experience tells me there is always something that comes around with patience.

Apr 20, 2023
Visit site
Hi there
Were pretty new to caravaning and have just taken a seasonal pitch for the next 14 months. We’re looking for an all year round awning with quality and condition more important than the age as we want it to last. I’m offering £200 if anyone has something that would fit the bill. We have an Abbey 215 that’s 16 years old and want something that’s small to medium in size rather than a full awning.

Many thanks

Mark
Avoid air! I have an Vango Kalari, great awning but the air bladders are totally useless. All four of our main bladders failed this season (all leaking from the welded ends) and not easy to repair.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Thank you for the replies, yes I’m also looking on eBay. It’s certainly more difficult finding a year round awning but experience tells me there is always something that comes around with patience.
There’s a Isabella Magnum on eBay £600 and the sale includes a full size Bradcot which could then be resold.

Last edited:

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
There are a couple of Facebook groups selling awnings. Also Facebook marketplace. Beware of Scammers. Always do cash on collection and never BACs or PayPal Friends and Family as this gives no financial protection. Good luck in your searc.
mel

Oct 8, 2023
Visit site
Hi there

Many thanks

Mark
Hi Mark, we are just about to put our Awning Kampa Dometic Rally Pro 200 up for sale, we bought pre Covid and never used, it’s in Pristine / unused condition , we unwrapped it at the weekend and all is good. It
Hi there

Many thanks

Mark

comes with lightweight poles and a roof liner. We are asking for £200 for it.
If you’re interested please contact us.
Kind Regards
Joe & Joan

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
i would look at a Isabella ventura cadet porch awning there are some on ebay but you might have to up your budget

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Kampa awnings can suffer from condensation which is why we got rid of ours after only using it about 4 - 5 times. The condensation is probably due to the type of material used and we found that ours was wetter on the inside than the outside despite having a decent air flow through the awning.

Oct 8, 2023
Visit site
Kampa awnings can suffer from condensation which is why we got rid of ours after only using it about 4 - 5 times. The condensation is probably due to the type of material used and we found that ours was wetter on the inside than the outside despite having a decent air flow through the awning.
We have had the lighter weight Kampa before and suffered from condensation, that was the reason we went to the heavier weight material as that is meant to counteract that problem and we also bought the roof liner as a double check. We have another Pro Kampa that we use now and have never had any problems with condensation, to be honest most awnings will suffer to some extent with condensation, it is an outside shelter with no double skin so it is to be expected .

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We have had the lighter weight Kampa before and suffered from condensation, that was the reason we went to the heavier weight material as that is meant to counteract that problem and we also bought the roof liner as a double check. We have another Pro Kampa that we use now and have never had any problems with condensation, to be honest most awnings will suffer to some extent with condensation, it is an outside shelter with no double skin so it is to be expected .
We have the Isabella Magnum and have never had an issue with condensation and it has been used in all sorts of weather.

Mar 20, 2023
Visit site
Hi Mark, we are just about to put our Awning Kampa Dometic Rally Pro 200 up for sale, we bought pre Covid and never used, it’s in Pristine / unused condition , we unwrapped it at the weekend and all is good. It

comes with lightweight poles and a roof liner. We are asking for £200 for it.
If you’re interested please contact us.
Kind Regards
Joe & Joan
Hi Joe
Thank you for the offer, I’m just doing a bit of research to see if this is classed as a winter awning as it will be up all year
regards
mark

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
How much straight awning rail do you have compared to the width of the Midi? Then consider if the sides of the awning would cross windows and locker doors. Ventura is a good quality awning, not quite as good as an Isabella proper. Check conditioner because for the price you are paying, this will be key.
Are you sure that you don’t want a full awning? As people sell these when they change vans ( as opposed to a porch awning which they can move from van to van), there are more of them out there at a keen price point. If you do go for a full awning, what size would you want?
Mel

Mar 20, 2023
Visit site
How much straight awning rail do you have compared to the width of the Midi? Then consider if the sides of the awning would cross windows and locker doors. Ventura is a good quality awning, not quite as good as an Isabella proper. Check conditioner because for the price you are paying, this will be key.
Are you sure that you don’t want a full awning? As people sell these when they change vans ( as opposed to a porch awning which they can move from van to van), there are more of them out there at a keen price point. If you do go for a full awning, what size would you want?
Mel
Hi there. We are fine for the size of the awning rail, we really don’t need a full awning as we do intend changing the van in a couple of years and just want something we can change over and a porch size fits the bill for us as it’s more for being able to hang jackets, boots, when coming and going with our dog. The awning is described as only having had limited use, no damage, and they want £200 for it. However I’ve just found out it’s what’s called a free standing awning so maybe won’t work for a caravan, pity as it’s probably a bargain and it’s for sale right where we live.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Hi Joe
Thank you for the offer, I’m just doing a bit of research to see if this is classed as a winter awning as it will be up all year
regards
mark
Never a good idea to leave up any awning all year. If it snowed and the snow collects on the roof, the awning will rip. Same applies if there are heavy downpours and the awning roof sags in an area. Be wary even if it is a all year awning.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Never a good idea to leave up any awning all year. If it snowed and the snow collects on the roof, the awning will rip. Same applies if there are heavy downpours and the awning roof sags in an area. Be wary even if it is a all year awning.
Some awnings are designed for all-year use - with extra rafter poles for the roof to prevent sagging under heavy snowfall.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Some awnings are designed for all-year use - with extra rafter poles for the roof to prevent sagging under heavy snowfall.
Sadly we have seen those come down however that was in 2006 so maybe they have improved the design. We had extra rafter poles however the weight of the snow stretches the fabric, the snow melts and the weight of the water stretches the awning roof even more.

We thought our roof was rigid, but it obviously was not rigid enough. We weren't the only ones with the issue which is why I advised the OP about having an awning up all year round.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
When we were seasonal in 2013 to 2017 there was plenty of full/porch awnings up so i think they have improved in designed for all year use.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi there. We are fine for the size of the awning rail, we really don’t need a full awning as we do intend changing the van in a couple of years and just want something we can change over and a porch size fits the bill for us as it’s more for being able to hang jackets, boots, when coming and going with our dog. The awning is described as only having had limited use, no damage, and they want £200 for it. However I’ve just found out it’s what’s called a free standing awning so maybe won’t work for a caravan, pity as it’s probably a bargain and it’s for sale right where we live.
Still go and check it out. We had a Dorema Quattro awning that was “free standing” but this just meant that the ceiling poles did not hook into pads on the beading and so the awning could stand up without being attached to the caravan. It still had Kador and threaded through the awning rail. Whether this is the same as the Ventura that you are looking at, I don’t know. But if it is local could be worth checking out?
Good luck
Mel

Reactions: Yorky

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts