Wanted: experiences/viewpoints on Kia Carens as towcar

Jun 20, 2007
Visit site
I am thinking of purchasing the 08/54 plate Kia Carens as a towcar.It ticks all of my requirements in a tow car and is a good match for my 'van.However,I do have one reservation,the application of the "handbrake" by a foot operated floor pedal.Has anyone out there experienced of such a system?If so.I would value your imput on this.Also I would be grateful for info regarding the Carens in general regarding towing.

Many thanks Chris.

Feb 15, 2007
Visit site
Hi, when you say your thinking of purchasing a 08/54 plate Carens, do you mean a 2008 model ?

All Carens upto Oct 2006 have a conventional handbrake, models after this DO have a FOOT operated parking brake. I purchased my 57 plate Carens 2.0 CRDi in December and was too, a bit concerned over the FOOT brake. It takes a little getting use to, but once you have, you dont even think about it. I even go to press it when i'm driving my wifes Fiat Panda, and thats got a normal handbrake. In regards to towing capabilities, i had a KIA Detatchable towbar fitted, ONLY yesterday, so cant comment, only to say, Max Tow is 1500kg, Kerb weight is 1650kg so 85% rule is just over 1400kg, so should tow most Medium family caravans fine. I will be towing my 1350kg Swift Conqueror to France 3 times this year, so will let you know.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts