Warcombe Farm Nr Mortoe Devon

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Spent a few days here last week. First trip since van repaired. Right on the coast path. One of the best sites we have visited. Facilities spotless, underfloor heating and immaculate. Staff were so helpful and cheerful. Def a keeper:) Big site with 250 pitches of all sizes, fully serviced and hardstandings. Very quiet just now. Nice lake in the middle for fishing - the carp practically eat out of your hand. Well worth the recommend.

Mar 4, 2018
Visit site
Hi, sounds like a great site. The wife and I plus mutt have been looking at this area for a week long break in June. Its the furthest out of three we have been looking at. The other two being North Morte and Damage Barton
May I ask if its a long way out of Woolacombe? ie, going via coastal path.
I know what reviews say, but a fellow member would be more honest!! Also any local pubs within walking distance?
Thanks for any advise.

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
We booked it for the walking - it's right on the coastal path. Not a long walk to Mortoe. We booked a pitch right at the top with the path close by and the views of the sea. Thing is the wife suffered a prolapsed disk 4 weeks before. We were due to go to our regular favourite site in Breage, Cornwall but had to cancel. Had also booked Mortoe and, as she is on the mend, decisded to go. Asked to change pitch to one closer to the amenities due to fact that she can barely walk. They could not have been more helpful upgrading us to a hardstanding pitch with a great view of the lake. Offered to help set up and would not accept additional payment.. As I said the facilities are second to none and all the wardens so cheerful and helpful.Very quiet at this time of year but I would expect June to be different - 250 pitches but the site is big and very well laid out with both large and not so large pitches. They are very strict about the quiet hours. 2 pubs in Mortoe - we ate there one night. Typical pub food, reasonably priced and good service - nice pint of Doom Bar. Woolacombe about 5 or 10 minutes by car but walkable if you are fit. I got fitter pushing the chair around the site. We will definitely be going back in September. A really great site.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Lovely part of the country,we were just down the road last year at Twitchen house,bit more all singing,but with a couple of teenagers it's worth every penny,so much so we've booked again this summer as we didn't see too much of the area as the weather was belting so kids just surfed.
The Costal paths are great and you can walk anywhere in no time,must warn you it's downhill from the site.

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I stayed here at Easter and as already mentioned a well kept site with immaculate facilities.
Out of the two pubs in Mortehoe, the 'Ship Aground' is a bit more upmarket the 'The Chichester'
There is also a nice pub in the coastal village of Lee and this is assessed by walking out of the dog walk and through a wood. It's not sign posted, but has the public footpath markers to guide you.
Regards,

Mar 4, 2018
Visit site
Hi all. Well after looking at them all again we have booked up to go to Warcombe Farm. Here's hoping the weather is good at the end of June!!
Looking forward to lovely walks and maybe a pint or two!!
We went to Lee last time we were there, when there was an open mike evening! Brilliant fun. Packed with locals, tourists and dogs but a great night!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts