Warning

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
As the year unfolds and more caravanners set off it is time just to remind everyone to double check the small print of their insurance policies.

Eg many insurers demand the caravan is not left unattended at motorway services, Not left unprotected ie hitchlocks and wheel clamps etc.

I exclude Gumbo because I know he and his consortium have thrown down the gauntlet and do their own thing. Good luck and happy caravanning to you all.

Cheers

Dustydog

May 25, 2008
Visit site
Hi Dusty

Great reminder for the Caravanners who don't seem to care. Pick it up from storage and off we go never mind it hasn't moved in 6 months. What do you mean about checking tyres,tyre pressure, lights etc 85% match what you talking about gov.

2 months to go to making a saving/profit.

Did you notice I also only have a Land Cruiser now worth about

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
If government figures are to be believed, you can no longer make that assumption. It would appear that some 25% of vehicle on the road today have no insurance at all.

Steve W

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Gumbo

Section 145.3.a of the Road Traffic Act says that third party property as well as bodily injury must be insured.

This means that where an uninsured idiot damages your Land Cruiser you may be able to recover some or all of your loss through the Motor Insurers Bureau.

I'm no expert but suggest you read up on the MIB. You be pleasantly surprised!

Cheers

Dustydog

May 25, 2008
Visit site
" to recover some or all of your loss through the Motor Insurers Bureau " I had read up on that before I decided to follow the route I have.

The other side of the Insurance coin is does it make people take more risk's/take slightly less care becaused they are fully comp ?? I believe that if you know you have to pay for it yourself, you take damm good care not to bump your vehicle either Parking it or Driving it.

personal opinion and of course choice.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
My car insurance is comprehensive because the price difference between fully comp and third party fire and theft is less than

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts