Warranty

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
Hi all, I'm taking my 'van in for its first service next week and since taking delivery I have added an Alko stabaliser(fitted by myself)

My question is,does anyone know if this will in any way invalidate the warranty? I have read through the policy and can't find any reference to this and have been thinking of re-fitting the original just in case.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

May 12, 2005
Visit site
I don`t know, but surely fitting a saftey device can`t invalidate a warranty,fitting a stabaliser can`t affect the Gas, Water,Fridge etc, I don`t see how it can harm anything to do with towing the van, I am sure every one will be interested to know how you get on.

Good luck Tony A.

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
I don`t know, but surely fitting a saftey device can`t invalidate a warranty,fitting a stabaliser can`t affect the Gas, Water,Fridge etc, I don`t see how it can harm anything to do with towing the van, I am sure every one will be interested to know how you get on.

Good luck Tony A.
The thing that concerns me Tony is if they say it was not fitted by an authorised dealer

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Big Roy.

If there is no mention of the fitting of extra items such as a stabaliser, and provided you have not had to damage or modify the underlying cassis to fit it, then the warranty holder cannot decline a claim.

If the wish to decline a claim they must state the limitations of the policy.( I cannot see how fitting a stbaliser would affect the warranty status of the gas regulator or bathhroom sink etc)

If they did decline then go straight to a soliciter and theaten to sue them for cost of replacement or repair of the failed warranty item.

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for the input guys, I know I sound over cautious but there are so many get out clauses with these bl**dy warranties.

I had an expensive experience with a warranty claim years ago with a cracked cylinder head on a Granada, after going through the small print with a fine tooth comb and a large magnifying glass they found that I wasn't covered.

Aug 2, 2005
Visit site
Big Roy

I fitted an Alko stabaliser to my last Bailey. Never had any queries when having the van serviced and took it off when I p/e recently.

ColinB

TRENDING THREADS