Waste pipes on Eccles Trekker

Jul 26, 2005
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

We had our first trip out this weekend and it was great.

Most things worked but I had some questions (stupid probably) about the waste.

One the door/kitchen side of the van, there are 2 pipes that come out underneath. They each had a red stopper in them. Nothing drained at first so I removed one of them (they look hollow at first glance so I thought they would drain ok, but later I realised they're only hollow so far!) and sure enough grey water flowed. I tried to remove the other one at the side, thinking it could be for the bathroom but I couldn't remove it, no matter how hard I tried. I later found on the other side of the van 2 flaps that hid outlet pipes, I'm guessing they're for the bathroom sink and shower!

Now, I have two questions:

1. On the kitchen side, what is the other pipe/red stopper for? It didn't seem to stop the kitch sink draining? I could try more brute force but don't want to damage my van.

2. I kind of know the answer to this...do I need a 2nd waste-hog for the bathroom side?

More stupid questions will follow I'm sure but so far they're the only queries I have.

I managed to get the toilet, gas, electric and water all working so that's a minor miracle in my book for us newbies!

Cheers,

Gary and Amanda H

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
the two grey caps on the other side should be for kitchen and bathroom, i'm not sure what this red cap you've removed is but it doesn't sound like the correct thing to me. if they are on the door side of the van then this is also the awning side and you definatly wouldn't have either drain coming out there! they should be either on the rear or off-side. The drains have two grey caps on them that just flip-up easily and you can connect a 'Y' connector to them for single pipe flow. This also answer's you're second question, no you should never need a second waste container.

good luck.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
the two grey caps on the other side should be for kitchen and bathroom, i'm not sure what this red cap you've removed is but it doesn't sound like the correct thing to me. if they are on the door side of the van then this is also the awning side and you definatly wouldn't have either drain coming out there! they should be either on the rear or off-side. The drains have two grey caps on them that just flip-up easily and you can connect a 'Y' connector to them for single pipe flow. This also answer's you're second question, no you should never need a second waste container.

good luck.
Probably the easiest thing to do is to look under the van and follow the pipes back that way you will get some idea

Jul 26, 2005
Visit site

good luck.
Many thanks for the reply Gareth.

At least someone is listening out there!

Your point about the awning side is a good one! I'll connect up to the other side's grey pipes and reconnect the red bung.

Thanks for the advice, it's much appreciated by us.

We'll get there eventually...

Cheers,

Gary & Amanda

Jul 26, 2005
Visit site
Probably the easiest thing to do is to look under the van and follow the pipes back that way you will get some idea
hi Rick,

I looked under but they just go straight up in to the floor and are sealed, so you can't tell fromt the outside.

I'll see if I can see where they go to on the inside, by looking in the cupboards around the kitchen area.

Thanks for taking time to reply.

Gary and Amanda

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts