Waste water airlocks

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
We get airlocks from the waste water carrier from the wash hand basin and the kitchen sink which makes the plug pop out and water gurgle up in the shower until the air is shifted. I've seen other vans using domestic fittings on the outside of the van and a short pipe to the waster water container. I think our pipe is too long which is causing the problem. Any comments ?

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Make sure the highest point of the waste container is several inches lower than the van's waste outlet and that your connection pipe does not do a sudden up-hill loop to enter the waste container.

DIY outlets - get bits from local plumbers merchants for less than £5

100_0760_zpsf0e1d3df.jpg

May 7, 2012
Visit site
In addition I would add do not have the end of the outlet in the waste water.
You can get a similar pipe from caravan dealer specified for the job for I think about the same price as the plumbers merchant. I think it was about £3.50 when I was last there.

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the photo, yes that's what we've seen. Hubby is off to the DIY shop tomorrow. Our outlets are on the side and sometimes it is hard to get the waste carrier low enough. We have to have the aqua roll on its side too. I'm sure it's because out outlet pipe is too long. many thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts