Waste Water Piping

May 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi - We're new to caravanning and just bought a Swift Corniche '92 which we're planning to take to France this weekend. I've been checking thru everything on the van and have pretty well got my head round most of the services and equipment but notice that there are three waste water outlets at the rear -presumably for the sink, basin and shower. I would have expected these to be plumbed into a single pipe so there would only be one place to connect a waste pipe to.

The (presumably) waste water container that came with the van has a cap that will probably take two waste pipes but would struggle to receive three. I'm wondering if there's supposed to be some kind of manifold device to join the three pipes before they go into the waste container.

The van came with quite a few accessories and cables etc. but no hoses which seems a bit odd.

Any suggestions as to how this matter is generally dealt with would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
i have a 2 into 1 adaptor bought from a caravan dealer so maybe they do a 3 into 1, there are different diameter waste pipes so take a sample of the size you need if you have one or measure the outlet pipe

Feb 11, 2007
Visit site
On my Coachman i changed all my waste to domestic 32mm solvent weld with one outlet to the back. If you can see a whirlpool effect in the sinks you know you have a good outflow which we have.t

Aug 6, 2008
Visit site
The easiest solution is a Y piece for the two closest wastes, which on our Bailey discovery are the two sinks, and a seperate pipe and container for the shower waste.Some black convoluted pipe and off you go. We find a 23litre black waste can sufficient for the shower as most of your waste water comes from the two sinks.

May 27, 2008
Visit site
The easiest solution is a Y piece for the two closest wastes, which on our Bailey discovery are the two sinks, and a seperate pipe and container for the shower waste.Some black convoluted pipe and off you go. We find a 23litre black waste can sufficient for the shower as most of your waste water comes from the two sinks.
Thanks for the responses which are very helpful. I am now the proud owner of a Y manifold and 2m of convoluted waste pipe. Only 101 more things to sort and then we can go.

Cheers

Aug 18, 2007
Visit site
I agree, a separate waste collector for the shower is the way to go. We usualy use the site showers anyway but on the rare occasion we use the one in the van then it suffices.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you "common" the shower outlet with either the sink or the handbasin you risk backflow into the shower tray if you plull the plug on a full sink or whb. (Due to the height of either above the shower tray)

If the pipe is all big bore and clean, then this should be minimal, but if there is any kink or obstruction or the final outlets are or can be below the water level in the wastemaster or similar then this is a risk.

Keep the shower to it's own outlet without any tee.

Depending on layout there can still be problems with common outlet for sink and whb particularly if they are on different sides of the van. look underneath to see if any of the pipes are sagging and thus retaining water. You can often get a major improvement by replacing the tight rightangle bends as fitted with "slow" bends which have a bigger radius. This may need replumbing with dowmestic type fittings but is not too difficult.

TRENDING THREADS