waste water tank

Feb 26, 2008
Visit site
The outlet hose on my waste water tank comes out the side but is about an 1" up from the bottom which means i have to crawl under the van each time i want to completely empty the tank hoping i am quick enough to get back out before the deluge comes. Is this the same on most vans or is it just me, i would have thought the hose would have come from the lowest point IE underneath.

gjh

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
As far as I know the waste pipe on many vans comes out of the side of the tank rather than the bottom. Given the number on the road it doesn't appear to be a major problem though.

In nearly 9 and a half years of motorhoming (2 vans) I've never worried about emptying the tank completely and haven't had a problem. We do take care to avoid too much muck going into the tank and clean it after every trip, as described here.

Graham

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
Mine comes out from the side, but from an outlet slightly angled and below the bottom of the tank (Autotrail) I wondered why folks with other vans talk about bad smells from sinks etc., We don't get them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts