Water draining instead of going into water heater.

Sep 4, 2024
Visit site
Hello,

I have had an Abbey 215 GTS Vogue since Sunday. I can not get the shower to work. I've done the whole thing of making sure the value is horizontal, and turned the hot water taps on until they stop spluttering. I noticed that my aqua roll was simply just quickly draining it's 40 litters and making a mess outside the van. I have just noticed that there is what appears to be a drainage pipe a little behind the inlet. This was just pouring water out. It's not the usual drain pipe to empty the heater. I know this as I lifted the valve to drain and it all pured from a different pipe.

The one I do not know about appears to be some kind of overflow pip that is attached to the red pipe that comes out of the heater and towards the back of the van and the kitchen and bathroom area.

What crazy devils work is this?

Jul 19, 2021
Visit site
Without the name/model of the heater and some photos it's hard to say for certain
Could it be the hot water pipe has come adrift of has a hole? or some safety system to stop over pressurisation?

Sep 4, 2024
Visit site
What size/type of non-return water valve am I looking for here? Possibly a MRK 1 / MRK 11 Carver Truma Ultrastore system. Can anybody else see something that may be interesting? Still only day 5 of my first campervan ownership.

Attachments

• 20240911_182024.jpg
    20240911_182024.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts