Water filter truma water heater

Feb 2, 2024
Visit site
We want to clean and purify our system using puriclean,having watched a few videos some say I need to remove or renew the filter.A:where is it located B:Do i really need to do this C:is it easily accessible?
Any pointers would be great.We have a bailey ranger gt60 2010 model

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Is it this type that is found externally in the water inlet housing beneath the threaded cap?
This seller advises fitting new at the start of the season and then about every 35 days thereafter - although I suspect that nobody changes as frequently.
Mine is an inline filter that I used to replace annually at service but that has been replaced with piping several years ago!

Feb 2, 2024
Visit site
Is it this type that is found externally in the water inlet housing beneath the threaded cap?
This seller advises fitting new at the start of the season and then about every 35 days thereafter - although I suspect that nobody changes as frequently.
Mine is an inline filter that I used to replace annually at service but that has been replaced with piping several years ago!
no its not one of those ive seen videos on how to change those but i dont have one on the outside of caravan

Feb 2, 2024
Visit site
just a thought is the filter fitted to the end of the inline hose ie the part that immerses into the water?

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
Never ever had a filter on any caravan or motorhome over the last 25+ years and have never suffered as a result.
Clean your pipework etc by all means as that's pretty sensible. I am not sure a caravan of that age would have had water filter fitted from new anyway.

Reactions: Challenger
Feb 2, 2024
Visit site
Never ever had a filter on any caravan or motorhome over the last 25+ years and have never suffered as a result.
Clean your pipework etc by all means as that's pretty sensible. I am not sure a caravan of that age would have had water filter fitted from new anyway.
so using puriclean via the aquaroll will be ok? or do i clean the pipes another way without adding it to the system? thanks again

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
You may or may not have a filter. There are a few types, some fitted from the outside into their own housing. One on the end of the hose that is dropped into the barrel. (But that needs an inboard pump). And one that is fitted in line. Sometimes difficult to find and to change.

Whatever you have, (or don’t have). I would advise you to remove it and by-pass if necessary. Then forget about it.

If you want filtered water for drinking, us a Britta or bottled water.

If you leave a filter in, Puriclean will kill its active ingredients.

Leaving filters in the system will provide a breeding ground for bacteria.

Is it located within this?

This is only a pre-filter to stop grit damaging the pump.

John

Reactions: ProfJohnL
Feb 2, 2024
Visit site
You may or may not have a filter. There are a few types, some fitted from the outside into their own housing. One on the end of the hose that is dropped into the barrel. (But that needs an inboard pump). And one that is fitted in line. Sometimes difficult to find and to change.

Whatever you have, (or don’t have). I would advise you to remove it and by-pass if necessary. Then forget about it.

If you want filtered water for drinking, us a Britta or bottled water.

If you leave a filter in, Puriclean will kill its active ingredients.

Leaving filters in the system will provide a breeding ground for bacteria.

This is only a pre-filter to stop grit damaging the pump.

John
thank you

Feb 2, 2024
Visit site
To help clear up my earlier question on does my truma system have a filter that needs to be removed I have attached 2 x photos.If anyone can clarify if this has or doesnt have a filter i would be most appreciated

Attachments

• -888561623_20240715_090100_911658.jpg
    -888561623_20240715_090100_911658.jpg
    890.3 KB · Views: 6
  • -1231940747_20240715_090050_2038972.jpg
    -1231940747_20240715_090050_2038972.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 6
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
The bailey ranger gt60 2010 had no filter . The water pump is a submersible fitted I. The aquaroll. The only filter you are likely to find will be the mesh gauze at the end of each tap. Puri lean and Milton Solution work well for me.

Aug 4, 2020
Visit site
Thank you
We want to clean and purify our system using puriclean,having watched a few videos some say I need to remove or renew the filter.A:where is it located B:Do i really need to do this C:is it easily accessible?
Any pointers would be great.We have a bailey ranger gt60 2010 model
Hiya, I have a 2017 sterling eccles 510 caravan which I have owned from new, at the start of each season and on the odd occasion end of season if used heavily use citric acid for sterilising my water system, I purchased a 2kg bag online as you do use a fair amount about 1 desert spoon per litre as instructed, I dissolve 40 spoonfuls in jug of warm water then pour into my aquaroll barrel and top up with cold water, then just connect to the van and run all taps till air free and leave overnight, this time allows the heating element to de scale inside the boiler as well, next day run the taps for a minute or so then discard remaining citric acid responsible fill with fresh water and flush system till clear and drain down as normal, works on our Bosch tassimo and kettle as well, never had any issues todate.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts