Water flow - whale pump

Apr 1, 2005
Visit site
I am very new to caravanning and am therefore more than a little green!

Our whale water pump is only delivering water at a rate of 1 litre it 2 minutes but it is rated at up to 11 lt/min. It is a new pump. As it is also meant to supply water to the shower I am keen to increase the flow rate. Any suggestions?

Many thanks.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Jim

Is the problem the same from all the outlets, or just from the shower? It could be a kinked hose somewhere between the inlet to the caravan and the outlet.

Apr 1, 2005
Visit site
Hi Jim

Is the problem the same from all the outlets, or just from the shower? It could be a kinked hose somewhere between the inlet to the caravan and the outlet.
Hi Mick,

Yes, it is slow to all outlets. I will check the hoses tomorrow for any kinks.

Jim

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The pumps rating of 11lt/min will be only be achieved when the pump has no pipework connected bare pump only. However I would have expected better than 2lt/min. Does your caravan have an inline water filter? this could be due for changing which might account for a reduced flow, or if you have a pressure switched system, the switch normally has a non return valve fitted. If this has jammed then the flow could be restricted, As Jim says you could have a kinked pipe between the inlet and the taps.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Jim

Is it a new van, if so go back to the dealer - my previous van had a problem at the kitchen tap caused by the pipework. If you boght 2nd hand from a dealer still take it back. Howver, there is a psssure regulating valve and this might be in need of adjustment

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts