Water flowing back into barrel.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
The guy on the pitch next to me is having a problem with water flowing back into his aquaroll. Caravan is an older Eldiss Avante 475, im guessing about 15 to 20 years old with external water pump. Sounds as if some sort of non return valve isnt operating. Any ideas for him.
Thanks in advance.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Before jumping imediately to the conclusion its a fault inlet on the side of the caravan, A little more information might enable us to pin point the problem(s) more accurately.

If he has a pressure switched system, then it points to a faulty presure switch which has an NRV built into it.

Its more likely he has a switched tap system.

When he turns his cold water taps on, does he get instant water or does he have to wait for it to come through?
If he has to wait then it indicates two problems. One would be the non return valve in the inlet housing (and at 20 years its most likley a Carver unit) But also it means that one or more cold taps is not sealing preoppely when its turned off, as its allowing air back into the pipework taking up the space the receding water occupied.

If he is only having to wait for hot water flow, then it points to the non return valve on the water heater having failed and possibly the inlet NRV also (though some systems had a seperate feed for the water heater that was not protected by the inlets NRV.

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Possibly an NRV Just inside the van after the pump entry. If there isnt one there I suggest put one in . This has been a problem on our van. Fitted a new NRV problem gone .
This is only one of my findings so I hope it helps.
Sir Roger,

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Dont know how he got on in the end, it only arose the day before we left the site but he has something to work with.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts