Water freezing?????

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
We are planning on using our caravan over Christmas in Northern Scotland, has anyone any ideas on how to prevent the water in the aquaroll freezing? It hasn't been that bad up here for years but just in case!!!!

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Chris,

Pre-mix the water with a blended whisky, that will lower the freezing point OK.

Alternatively, an Aqua-roll insulation jacket with pipe tubing or an old padded jacket from your wardrobe zipped over the Aqua-roll using the jacket sleeve to insulate the pipe.

In the winter, we use the internal 15 litre water tank in our Eriba - then if that freezes you know it was cold last night.

Robert

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Chris,

Pre-mix the water with a blended whisky, that will lower the freezing point OK.

Alternatively, an Aqua-roll insulation jacket with pipe tubing or an old padded jacket from your wardrobe zipped over the Aqua-roll using the jacket sleeve to insulate the pipe.

In the winter, we use the internal 15 litre water tank in our Eriba - then if that freezes you know it was cold last night.

Robert
Love the whisky idea!!!

Thanks for replying, some good ideas there

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I seem to collect aging fleece jackets so I put one to use round the aquaroll one freezing night.

The whisky should be kept inside the van or owner but if the water does freeze you will have ice to go in the Scotch

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
I seem to collect aging fleece jackets so I put one to use round the aquaroll one freezing night.

The whisky should be kept inside the van or owner but if the water does freeze you will have ice to go in the Scotch
John,

That's why I suggested a blended whisky. Robert

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Keeping the Aquaroll up off the ground on blocks will also help, most freezing comes from ground frost & an air gap will definitely slow down any water freeze.

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
I had my caravan service centre do a simple modification that allows you to sit the aquaroll in the shower tray. Simply have a second water inlet fitted underneath the sink in the toilet ('T' into exsisting water system). The outside inlet can be blanked off during winter and vise versa during summer (back to normal use). We have had this modification on two caravans now and it works a treat during winter caravaning.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Anyone know of a heater/thermostat combination that would work off dc?

It wouldn't need to heat much, just enough to stop the water freezing. I know they exist in the tropical fish world (good shape for the aqua role), but are run on 240v.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Chris - we went to Switzerland last Easter, the day temps were +20, night time were -6, when we arrived the pitch waas covered in snow/ice and hence the Aquaroll was sitting on sheet ice which never melted during our stay, but not once did the water freeze! Nor did the waste container. So you may not need to insulate after all.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts