Water heater

May 3, 2023
Visit site
hi has anyone ever fitted a under sink 2 kw water heater in there caravan . I know you would need mais connection 2kw is only 10 amp approx . But to pay £ 700 for new whale gas and water heater is extreme . I only use sites with mains electricity.
regards caravan John

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi has anyone ever fitted a under sink 2 kw water heater in there caravan . I know you would need mais connection 2kw is only 10 amp approx . But to pay £ 700 for new whale gas and water heater is extreme . I only use sites with mains electricity.
regards caravan John
I don't know if anyone has ever fitted one to a touring caravan. It could certainly fit, but as you know it will require mains 230V ac power to make it work.
About 8.5Amps of mains power, and if you also tried to run a 2kW space heater, fridge and lighting at the same time you would exceed the the caravans 16A maximum capability.

This could lead to nuisance tripping of site or caravans circuit breakers.

This is one reason why caravan electric water heaters are typical less than 1Kw rating.

It's possible but not practical.

Aug 12, 2023
Visit site
If you don't use the shower then jug and flask should cover all kitchen sink needs. Boil water and store in flask to give instant hotwater on demand. This is all do when on unpowered sites.

May 3, 2023
Visit site
I don't know if anyone has ever fitted one to a touring caravan. It could certainly fit, but as you know it will require mains 230V ac power to make it work.
About 8.5Amps of mains power, and if you also tried to run a 2kW space heater, fridge and lighting at the same time you would exceed the the caravans 16A maximum capability.

This could lead to nuisance tripping of site or caravans circuit breakers.

This is one reason why caravan electric water heaters are typical less than 1Kw rating.

It's possible but not practical.
Hi prof John,
I think it is possible but also it could take up a bit of room. Thanks for your input.
Regards caravan John

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts