Water inlet connection help 👍

May 22, 2024
Visit site
Hi I’m Jerry I’ve just joined so hi all 👍 I have been getting a 1996 lunar eclipse caravan up and running again and will be replacing the filtapak housing wanted to know how do i connect the pipe that goes to the water barrel as the caravan has a internal pump so i take it i will not need the 12v water pump type.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you have an internal pump you need a length of flexible pipe with a connector that fits into the side of the caravan, then you need a way to keep the pipe from floating in the barrel, some people attach a weight others fit a rigid sleeve to the pipe, also may need a filter on the end, most dealers sell them but you need to make sure you get the correct fitting to go into the side of the caravan

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Welcome to the Forum Jerry.
As you use an on board pump, not submersible pump then a Whalemaster Socket is probably your best bet. Whalemaster have a very good technical helpline so give them a ring too if it helps

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Are you still replacing the filtapak housing! If yes , look at the Whale products. They have a pipe from there socket to the water barrel . On the end of the pipe you fit a filter. Again all this is on the Whale site.

Reactions: Jerry1976
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Our Swift uses the Truma housing about £30 for the one withot electrics,not sure if it is a straight replacement for the filtapack housing, could you post a picture of the current housing on the side of your van?

May 22, 2024
Visit site
Our Swift uses the Truma housing about £30 for the one withot electrics,not sure if it is a straight replacement for the filtapack housing, could you post a picture of the current housing on the side of your van?
Hi this is what I have

Attachments

• IMG_5375.png
    IMG_5375.png
    860.7 KB · Views: 8
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Looking at your picture it shows the electric connectors so that fitting used an external pump originally, as you say your pump is now in board, is that a change you have made or a previous owner? If you still want to replace the water inlet, I suggest you measure the original and then check the size against a new Truma or Whale inlet, without the electrics, it would be a bonus if the screw holes line up, but not a deal breaker. If you can find a suitable replacement, you need to remove the old one, clean every bit of old sealant off the van,and either fit the new one using Silkaflex or similar, although Truma do a sticky foam gasket to fit their inlet, if you are lucky the water pipe connector inside the van will be a push fit onto the new inlet.

May 22, 2024
Visit site

Are you still replacing the filtapak housing! If yes , look at the Whale products. They have a pipe from there socket to the water barrel . On the end of the pipe you fit a filter. Again all this is on the Whale site.
Hi yes this is setup inside caravan
Looking at your picture it shows the electric connectors so that fitting used an external pump originally, as you say your pump is now in board, is that a change you have made or a previous owner? If you still want to replace the water inlet, I suggest you measure the original and then check the size against a new Truma or Whale inlet, without the electrics, it would be a bonus if the screw holes line up, but not a deal breaker. If you can find a suitable replacement, you need to remove the old one, clean every bit of old sealant off the van,and either fit the new one using Silkaflex or similar, although Truma do a sticky foam gasket to fit their inlet, if you are lucky the water pipe connector inside the van will be a push fit onto the new inlet.
This is setup inside 👍 sorry short reply’s doing this off my phone

Attachments

• IMG_5386.png
    IMG_5386.png
    938.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_5386.png
    IMG_5386.png
    938.5 KB · Views: 6
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for the pictures in 5386 it looks as though the blue pipe that is disconnected should push straight on to the back of your new wall fitting and then attach with the jubilee clip, also looks as though the blown air ducting is disconnected, good luck let us know how you get on

May 22, 2024
Visit site
hi the pipe is disconnected because im changing the old inlet filter housing i just need to find a connection that is able to just have 1 pipe and no external pump,one like this one would work

Attachments

• ezgif-7-ed81955012.jpg
    ezgif-7-ed81955012.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 4
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You need to look for either Truma or Whale inlet they wil both come with a single pipe connector and nothing else, with the Truma you will need one of the connectors, which will have the built in O rings to form a seal, can't speak for the Whale one as I changed my Truma recently,after the external flap broke.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you look on the O Leary Motorhomes website they show good pictures of the Truma Ultraflow unit you could use £24.99, they also show the hose that you need to connect it in a barrel.

Aug 12, 2023
Visit site
hi the pipe is disconnected because im changing the old inlet filter housing i just need to find a connection that is able to just have 1 pipe and no external pump,one like this one would work
That inlet on caravan is dual input. Bottom terminals and hose connection are same as mine which is for external pump. I have same pump fitting on my caravan, uses those to padddles to hold it in place..
Large hole at top looks like hose inlet for onboard pump. My inlet doesn't have that as there no onboard pump.

FInd name of hose inlet and you are half way there to googling correct part. Given pump connection is now obsolete you may struggle to source hose fitting if they didn't carry the design over.

Aug 12, 2023
Visit site
That inlet on caravan is dual input. Bottom terminals and hose connection are same as mine which is for external pump. I have same pump fitting on my caravan, uses those to padddles to hold it in place..
Large hole at top looks like hose inlet for onboard pump. My inlet doesn't have that as there no onboard pump.

FInd name of hose inlet and you are half way there to googling correct part. Given pump connection is now obsolete you may struggle to source hose fitting if they didn't carry the design over.
Found your inlet housing that hole at top is for filter not hose input.

Found this adapter which use with whale mains adapter.

This

I want to switch to onboard pump and tank hence my research. Looks like might be able to use my existing inlet.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
What you have in the pictures you have shown in # 11 is Carver/Truma Crystal mk1 filtered water inlet housing. The plug you show in #5 is the compatible hose plug for the system.

The Crystal housing was designed to use a submersible pump, but it can be used just as effectively with a in board pump such as yours, by removing the parallel tube and pump and replacing the hose with a non collapsible hose that long enough to dip to the bottom of the water container. You simply ignore the wiring connections.

The filter housing has two spigots for the inboard water connexions. When the housing was supplied new, the lower water connection (Unfiltered water) was deliberately blanked off, and all the water would pass through the filter cartridge to the top spigot. If you are using an in board pump then you would only use the top filtered connection, and all the water you pump will be filtered. But you must make sure the lower spigot is sealed otherwise your pump with not draw water.

Filtered or not filtered? which to use?
In general if you only intend to use UK or EU sites, there is little need to be worried about the safety of the water at the sites, and a filter will have a very limited effect on the flavour of the water. If this is the case many caravanners decide to omit the filter, by removing the opaque cartridge body from a filter and simply refitting only the transparent lid into the inlet fitting in the wall of the caravan.

Reactions: Dustydog

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts