Water pump issue

Jan 25, 2020
Visit site
Hi, I have just brought a Bailey Pagaent series 5, I'm having an issue with the water pump. I've connected it us as per the instructions I.e submerged the pump into the water container, connected it to the caravan, opened all the taps then turned on the pump. The problem is the pump does not stop running! Am I doing something wrong?

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
Which Pageant?
IMSMC there is a pressure switch on the floor in the offside bed locker in the inlet water pipe. There is adjustment on it. Turn the knob slowly (can't remember which way but it won't be much) until the pump stops, turn the taps off, and then back the knob a little. Keep adjusting back and forth until you get to where the pump starts when you turn the tap in and stops a second or two after you have turned it off.
I am quoting from what I can remember of our Pageant Majestic. If yours is a different model, there may be an adjuster on the back of the housing in the caravan wall where the pump is connected. Whichever type adjust VERY slightly each time after you have found the switching point.

Jan 25, 2020
Visit site
Which Pageant?
IMSMC there is a pressure switch on the floor in the offside bed locker in the inlet water pipe. There is adjustment on it. Turn the knob slowly (can't remember which way but it won't be much) until the pump stops, turn the taps off, and then back the knob a little. Keep adjusting back and forth until you get to where the pump starts when you turn the tap in and stops a second or two after you have turned it off.
I am quoting from what I can remember of our Pageant Majestic. If yours is a different model, there may be an adjuster on the back of the housing in the caravan wall where the pump is connected. Whichever type adjust VERY slightly each time after you have found the switching point.
Thanks for your speedy reply! Its a series 5 Vendee btw

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for your speedy reply! Its a series 5 Vendee btw

I had a Series 5 Bordeaux which had the same water system as yours. Woodentops advice is spot on. Your owners manual should have info on how to set the pressure switch. They can be sensitive depending if you are on mains EHU or just battery. One thing also to check is to make sure you don’t have a leak from the pump o seals where they connect into the caravan. Also you don’t say if you are getting water through the taps. If not then there’s an airlock. Turn off taps. Remove pump insert bottom end of water pump hose into aqua roll. Insert connector into caravan. Switch on.

Jan 25, 2020
Visit site
I had a Series 5 Bordeaux which had the same water system as yours. Woodentops advice is spot on. Your owners manual should have info on how to set the pressure switch. They can be sensitive depending if you are on mains EHU or just battery. One thing also to check is to make sure you don’t have a leak from the pump o seals where they connect into the caravan. Also you don’t say if you are getting water through the taps. If not then there’s an airlock. Turn off taps. Remove pump insert bottom end of water pump hose into aqua roll. Insert connector into caravan. Switch on.
We've only just brought this caravan and obviously wanted to make sure everything was ok before we went away in it. I've only tried it on battery power, the water runs ok and there is no leakage from the o seals. I've seen something about the pressure switch in the handbook so I'll try that.
Many thanks for your help :)

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
As all above, good advice, also as you are setting it up on battery power you may well have to do minor adjustment to it if when you get to site and hook up to leccy.
Once you have set it up on leccy (assuming you will use hook up the majority of the time) have yourself a permanent marker and mark the wheel at say 12,O, Clock it gives you a reference point for any minor adjustments in the future.

Reactions: ProfJohnL

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts