Water pump pipe too short

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Bit of a funny one this. As you will be aware, most caravans have a water inlet on the side of the van so you can just plug the pump in and the aquaroll sits to the side of the caravan. With our 1993 Sprite Finesse this is not the case. The pipe is loose under the front seat and there is a hole under the seat through the bulkhead that leads into the front box. There is then another hole in the bottom of the box. To set up I have to put the electrical/inlet end of the pump in the front box and through the hole in the bulkhead then connect the main water pipe to this from inside the van under the front seat. Then the other end of the pump, I.E the end with the actual pump and water filter thing on, has to go down through the hole in the front box and into the aquaroll.

The problem I'm having is that because the aquaroll needs to sit under the front box to meet up with the hole in the bottom of the front box, sometimes I can't get the aquaroll under the caravan if we are not on an upward slope. If this is the case then I have to lift a full and very heavy aquaroll into the fron box for the pump pipe to reach into the aquaroll.

I did think about fitting a proper inlet point to the van but this would mean cutting a whole into the van wall and I don't realy want to go there so I suppose my question would be, can you buy a water pump with an extra long pipe so I can have my aquaroll to the side of the caravan and the pipe would be long enough to reach from the bulkhead, through the hole in the bottom of the box, out to the side of the caravan and into the bottom of the aquaroll.

I hope I've explaned this in an understandable mannor and I'm sorry for the long post.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Gary

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for that Kanga but we don't need to know about your personal problems. Although, I would be interested to know if you did get your length issue sorted!!!

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
I have not seen a pip that would help you I thick that there is just on size for all.Cud you cut the pip nest to the top and put a bit in it to make it longer so it would do the job for you.

Sorry I can not be of mush help Mark

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Kanga

Bit like a persons brain really, it's not the size that matters, but what you do with it. Incidentaly, what happened to yours?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Mark's idea is good. Cut the pipe and electrical lead so that the end with the pump on will reach the bottom of the barrel and say 300mm outside. Provide a new bit of hose to go to the inlet and new bit of wire if necccesary. The hose can be joined with a back to back hose connector. It's not going to be the preetiest thing on site but it will work.

Jul 30, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for that Kanga but we don't need to know about your personal problems. Although, I would be interested to know if you did get your length issue sorted!!!
so you do want to know about my personal probs then! Yep the surgeon removed 6" to make it a more manegable length

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Kanga

No I didn't actually.

It's a pity you have returned to the forum, there have been some interesting, informative and intelligent postings whilst you have been away. Now you're back we're in the situation again of having stupid childish postings from you.

Regards.

Lh

Sep 2, 2005
Visit site
What intrigues me though Lh is that everyone is falling over themselves to communicate with him. I am finding it difficult to decide whether his respondants really do want to be rid of him because its almost as if some are actually enjoying his posts (in a perverse sort of way).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts