Water pump

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have a 2010 Dethleffs Eurostyle A69 which I bought from Lowdhams in Notts last September. Since having it the water pump has broken twice. The first time it broke four days after we got the van and Lowdhams replaced it after five weeks. It has now broken a second time. I have checked the fuse and electricity is going to the pump but for some reason it keeps packing up. I wondered if anyone else was having similar problems with their pumps on new Dethleffs as I fear it could be a fault with the model.

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Has the pump itself got a brand name or model on it? I only ask in case there may be more people who can advise you, not just those with the same van as yours.

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi Tony, thanks for your reply. I have a Reich High Power Pump Plus. It is 12V, 19 1/min, 1.1 bar. The serial number on the bottom of the pump reads:KTW C DVGW W270.
If anyone has any tips on how to repair or prevent these pumps from breakingI would be grateful. I have tried one tip from a Lowdhams mechanic to push a pen into the bottom against the paddles and also tried another of his suggestions which was to gently shake it but neither method worked.

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Your Dethleffs is still under warranty so get back onto Lowdhams for them to sort it. Even suggest they change the make to Whale (as posted by Clive.) as you have now lost confidence that the other make will ever work properly.
Regarding changing to another make, they can only say No, but that does not mean they don't have to put it right.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts