Water Pump

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi Nothing coming out of taps. Light on main control for pump on so not fuse enough water in barrel have tried another pump but still nothing any idea what else we could try any advice appreciated Thanks Annie

Aug 4, 2020
Visit site
Hi Nothing coming out of taps. Light on main control for pump on so not fuse enough water in barrel have tried another pump but still nothing any idea what else we could try any advice appreciated Thanks Annie
Hiya, was just wondering have you switched on your 12v panel and circuit then press the tap symbol, just an idea.

Reactions: Annie3
Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Have you checked the filters in the tap spouts? Usually unscrew and the fine mesh easily gets clogged - I leave mine finger tight as this seems to be a frequent job! Just check the order of the bits as you dismantle as mine have 2 metal mesh + one plastic ‘mushroom’ + plastic washer!

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Is it a submersible pump or internal? Mines an internal and I found when I put the pickup in the water barrel it floated . Modified it with a length of 12mm central heating pipe so pickup sits on the bottom of the barrel.
will post a pic if needed.

Reactions: JRT and Annie3
Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Is it a submersible pump or internal? Mines an internal and I found when I put the pickup in the water barrel it floated . Modified it with a length of 12mm central heating pipe so pickup sits on the bottom of the barrel.
will post a pic if needed.
submersible

Reactions: DaveA1

Tux

Mar 17, 2024
Visit site
What pump is it? Mine is the Truma type with two spade pins at the top. These were heavily oxidized on mine. Polished up with some emery paper. If on site with limited access to tools simply scraping with a screwdriver or even a dinner knife would improve the contact. Have you tried wiggling it ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Annie3 and Buckman

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Try dunking the end of the pump up and down in the aquaroll in case there is air in it. Has worked for us in the past.
Mel

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
If Mel’s advice doesn’t work unplug the water pipe from the caravan inlet. Remove pump from water. Insert pump back into water whilst keeping caravan connector high. Then attach caravan connector and turn in taps.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Is it the pressure valve. This is just inside by the water inlet and has a knurled knob on it. By turning this you can adjust the pressure and this might cure the problem.

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi Mobile engineer been out today and found the pump to be faulty (despite having to take it back to where we bought it from and they said ok). He put a new filter on the old pump we had and hey presto it worked! Thankyou everyone for your advice much appreciated Annie

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mobile engineer been out today and found the pump to be faulty (despite having to take it back to where we bought it from and they said ok). He put a new filter on the old pump we had and hey presto it worked! Thankyou everyone for your advice much appreciated Annie
Many thanks for the feedback Annie. It helps us and all the other Forumites. Good result for you.👍

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts