Sep 7, 2005
Visit site
Can anyone please tell my why my water pump starts to run of its own accord, even when the switch is turned off? It starts intermittently and the red switch comes on for a few seconds and then it stops. We have only just had the van serviced two weeks ago. Will it cause any damage to the pump? Thanks

May 11, 2006
Visit site
When you say the switch is turned off, do you mean the pump switch on the control panel? What is the red switch? Do your taps have microswitches or is it a pressurised system?

Mar 29, 2005
Visit site
will not cause any damage,it is just building the pressure back up.i would check for a slight leak somewhere,ie.on a drip on a tap or outside on the pump connections

May 11, 2006
Visit site
will not cause any damage,it is just building the pressure back up.i would check for a slight leak somewhere,ie.on a drip on a tap or outside on the pump connections
No disrespect Michael, and I'm sure you're most likely right that it's a leak in a pressurised system, but since Anne has stated that the 'switch is turned off', then the pump circuit should be isolated. I still don't know what Anne means when she says the 'red switch comes on for a few seconds' - often the pump switch has a red light on it to indicate pump operation but it won't operate if the switch is off.

This could be something simple like a failed o-ring on the pump connector or it could be something different. Until Anne can clarify the points raised then it's not possible to say with any certainty that no damage can be caused to her pump.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts