Water, Water, Everywhere.

Aug 28, 2018
Visit site
I have a 2004 Bailey Discovery 300. After several holidays Him Outdoors finally decided to connect the water up. He connected everything ok, turned the taps on and it spluttered for a while then stopped, checked the water container and it was empty. We thought it must have used the water to fill the onboard tank.? Refilled container and started again, taps spluttered again then the water started pouring out of the outside socket. It kept doing this every time it was switched on.
Obviously the pump works but what is stopping the water going through the pipes into the taps.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
You have a similar problem to one very recently posted. Issues might be the water heater drain valve is open or not seating. That would lead to water coming normally from under floor. Other might be broken or missing o rings in water inlet housing or on inlet hose. You don’t specify type of water fitting. The one that came up recently turned out that the water inlet pipe inside the plastic outer sheath had come off. So the submersible pump just pushed its output straight out. If it should be that push inner pipe back on and restrain.

Aug 28, 2018
Visit site
Thank you for the quick reply. I don't know any technical terms at all but the pump goes into the water so a submersible I assume. Then the other end plugs into the outside socket.
None of the water goes further than the socket, it just pours out round the edges, so at least the van isn't getting flooded. The caravan is in storage but we are going away in 2 weeks so I will get Him Outdoors to check then.

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I had a similar problem with my submersible whale pump. The pump would run continuously and the water run out of the back of the connector outside the van.After changing the pressure switch inside the van - sent free of charge from Whale - to no effect, it became apparent that the water pipe had pushed back from inside the connector to the van. I undid the two screws holding the connector together and reseated the pipe. Sorted it for a while before it came loose again. The culprit was me - I was disconnecting the connector by pulling partly on the hose rather than gripping the connector! I have now put a tie-wrap around the hose where it goes into the connector and it seems to have solved the problem. Hope this works for you.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you have the truma pistol grip connector they are well known for the pipe to come off inside the pistol grip.
Open the grip up and check .
Replace the jubilee clip .

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
I was 'servicing' my whale connector (the plug in bit that connects to the caravan), I over tightened the jubilee clip and broke the plastic pipe inside the connector. :(

Fortunately there was enough of the plastic pipe remaining to make a secure connection.

So don't be like me and over tighten the jubilee clip, it does not need to be very tight at all to make a seal.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts