Waverley River Centre

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
I posted a message for a review of a site near stratford earlier on this month and only one person replied, lets try again. Waverley River Centre in Suffolk. Mostly it is a marina and a stop over for boats using the broads. But the website and brochure had a small piece on camping and caravanning there. Has anyone ever been, is it dog and teenager friendly. Are the camping and caravanning facilities good, we were a bit worried that they were just an after thought, after all the main emphasis of the site is the river. But the fishing and the swimming pool appealed to us. Any comments, Meesh xx

Mar 19, 2005
Visit site
I have visited the Waveney centre several times by boat and car, but not with the van. It is not far from where I live. It is a pleasant place to visit on a nice day, watching the boats etc.

The camping area is mostly sloping with some reasonably flat areas and rises from the marina so gives a nice view.

There is a pub/restaurant which we found ok. The last time visited was 2 years ago.

It all looks ideal.

HOWEVER!!

My son camped there last year and was not impressed with the shower/toilet facilities,nor with the restaurant etc. He said he would not go back.

But it depends what you expect and want.

If you want any more info.I will ask him tomorrow on his return from camping in the Lake district.

Johnd

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
Im not too bothered about the toilets as I have facilities in my own caravan, but obviously I may use them. Why was he not impressed, if they were just old I can cope. Now the resturant thats another matter as I am planning to use it!! Can you also ask him what the swimming pool was like as I can imagine my children will want to use that everyday. And, how sloping is sloping, can cope with a bit, but our caravan is a bit of a pain to level as it is very heavy. Its German!! Nice but on the weighty side. Mx

I went to Waveney River Centre and enjoyed it, and would recommend it. It is a marina and river centre mostly, but the facilities are good. It has changed hands and is undergoing a face lift. The toilet facilities have already been improved, they are building a new shop, and the pub seems tired but pleasent, although we did not eat in the resturant part. We liked it alot and are returning in the summer. But.... arriving on the site when you have not been before is a bit of a nightmare, and you dont know where to stop and check in, you dont want to do what we did and get stuck at the bottom of the hill next to the marina, it was tricky to turn round and then it was difficult to enter the road where the pitches were as we came from the wrong angle. But now we know it wont be a problem at all. If anyone is thinking of going or is booked reply to this and I will explain how to get there and enter the camping area.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts