Waxing a Caravan - Meguiars

Jun 4, 2019
Visit site
I have been using Meguiars Ultimate Quik Wax after washing my caravan.

But use Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax and Meguiars Ultimate Comound on my car.

Any harm on using these, also what about TFR's on my caravan to clean the worse it as its been standing so long.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I have been using Meguiars Ultimate Quik Wax after washing my caravan.

But use Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax and Meguiars Ultimate Comound on my car.

Any harm on using these, also what about TFR's on my caravan to clean the worse it as its been standing so long.
I’ve always used Fenwicks caravan cleaner and it deals with most storage or road muck. For the more stubborn black stains it can be used more concentrated. I do use Silky on the really stubborn stains. It’s smooth but does have abrasion properties like any polish but I’ve never found any problem. It asl works wonders on the “creamy-buff” plastic surrounds to the external lockers.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I've had good results with Meguiars 3 step polishes and wax, but now I wax the caravan using Collinite Insulator Wax 845.
The protective coating lasts about 3 months if I'm lucky.
When I polish the caravan, which isn't often, I use either Meguiars Step 2 or Autoglym.
Both are easy to apply.
Both deal with traffic film after a wash and shampoo with Fenwicks or Muc Off.

Jun 4, 2020
Visit site
I seldom use polish as most have a slight abrasive qualities. I wash using the the two bucket method and then about twice a year a coat of Colinite 476S which is a hard wax.

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
Also don't forget that the word polish means it is a mild abrasive and therefore may eventually dull decals. A wax coats but doesn,t remove so polish then wax or sealant is best. Polish less often. I use Autoglym srp but am trying Bilt Hamber speedwax. Very much like carplan number1 topgloss though and it is so easy.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Totally confused now with different types of Collinite. Think sticking with Autoglym might be simpler.
Both Colinnite 845 wax and Colinnite insulator wax will buff up to give a protective coating to automotive paintwork.
I've used 845 straight from the container, but the insulator wax is more solid so the container needs to be stood in warm water to liquefy the wax before application.
Both are easy to apply and buff if used sparingly.

Reactions: JezzerB

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts