We all use fuel But have you

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
We all use fuel & complain at the price so come on & fill this in
smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif

pumpMPs.jpg

Dear FairFuelUK Supporter,
Today we publish the list (see below) of 28 MPs who have so far said that they will support our move to scrap the 3p per litre rise in Fuel Duty (which equates to 16p a gallon when you include the VAT) due to hit us in just 9 weeks time on 1st August.

The MPs supporting are:
NameSurnameConstituencyPartyGregoryCampbell MPLondonderry EastDUPNigelDodds OBE MPBelfast NorthDUPJeffreyDonaldson MPLagan ValleyDUPMarkDurkan MPFoyleSDLPJonathanEdwards MPCarmarthen East & DinefwrPlaid CymruGeorgeGalloway MPBradford WestRespectRogerGodsiff MPBirmingham, Hall GreenLabourMikeHancock CBE MPPortsmouth SouthLiberal DemocratDaiHavard MPMerthyr Tydfil & RhymneyLabourGordonHenderson MPSittingbourne & SheppeyConservativeSylviaHermon MPNorth DownIndependentStewartHosie MPDundee EastSNPElfynLlwyd MPDwyfor MeirionnyddPlaid CymruNaomiLong MPBelfast EastAlliance PartyAngusMacNeil MPWestern IslesSNPWilliamMcCrea MPSouth AntrimDUPAlasdairMcDonnell MPBelfast SouthSDLPJohnMcDonnell MPHayes & HarlingtonLabourIanPaisley Jnr MPNorth AntrimDUPAndrewPercy MPBrigg & GooleConservativeMargaretRitchie MPSouth DownSDLPAngusRobertson MPMoraySNPJimShannon MPStrangfordDUPDavidSimpson MPUpper BannDUPMichaelWeir MPAngusSNPEilidhWhiteford MPBanff & BuchanSNPSammyWilson MPEast AntrimDUPPeterWishart MPPerth & North PerthshireSNP

The supportive MPs are from every Party in Westminster except the Green Party. Crucially, there are even MPs from the Parties that make up the Government, Conservative and Liberal Democrat.
We thank the 28 MPs who have declared support – but to have a chance of winning we need dozens more. Many of you may be surprised that your MP is not on the list as you may have had supportive responses from them in the past on this issue.
If your MP is not on the list, please send an email to them NOW challenging them as to why. If you click on this link Email your MP we’ll give you their email address and help you frame the email. Even if you’ve recently emailed your MP and have received a less than encouraging reply – please send an email anyway, perhaps changing the wording slightly to reflect your earlier correspondence.
Many MPs who have declined to support over recent days have failed to acknowledge our central argument - that research from the Centre for Economics and Business Research (CEBR) has proved that the Government CAN afford to cut duty as it will lead to economic growth. That economic growth will compensate for any loss of revenue from the cut in Fuel Duty.
Given this research, which is based on the Treasury’s own model, why on earth would any MP from any Party fail to support a Fuel Duty cut that will create 175,000 new jobs, boost growth by 0.33% and leave the Government no worse off?
If your MP is on the list, why not send them an email thanking them for their support. Those in support who sit on the Government side are likely to incur the anger of their Party’s ‘whips’ by throwing their support so publicly behind us. To send a ‘thank you’ email, just click on this linkthank you email, enter your postcode, then delete our wording in the existing email that is designed to send to the non supporting MPs and replace it with a few words of your own.
We have to force MPs to look at this research and not just ‘toe the Party line’.
When you have sent your message. Please pass this link http://action.fairfueluk.com/stop3p to as many of your friends, family, customers and colleagues. MPs do take note of the volume of emails they receive on this issue.
Thanks as ever for your fantastic support. Let’s build on that list of 28 MPs……….

Kind regards,

Peter Carroll and the FairFuelUK team

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Filled in when it first came out, had the usual platitude response and I see Graham Stuart is still not on the list, but then he's not doing anything for tourer manufacturers asking for the vat to be brought down in line with statics either yet just as many local jobs rely on the manufacturer of proper caravans

May 21, 2008
Visit site
I've done my bit but our local "con" artist Bill Wiggin can't be bothered as usual.
Today Justine Green minister for transport tried a bit of **** defection on the news today by trying to talk the talk with the fuel companies to get the pump price reductions going at the same pace as the stock market prices. Currently we are about 3p a litre behind the price drop on the stock market at the petrol stations.
I keep badgering our local wrag (Hereford times) about the supermarket stunts of 12p off if you spend £60 or 5p off on £50.
The latest one is Tesco 10p off if you spend £8 on loo rolls.
They might be usefull for westminster to wipe up the bull **** on parlaments floor.
smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif

If everyone took a few mins to make a stand then we might make a difference.

I still fancy a rolling road block of caravanners on the M25. At least it would give the news readers some new fodder to chew upon.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Whilst I agree with the rolling road block idea it would cost me an absolute fortune in fuel, 200 plus miles towing the van at about 20 to the gallon, then the round the M25 then home again, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Did you see that steve, the horse as already bolted, to make a difference all this should have been done when the truckers were taking action 4 years ago, then it quite possibly might have made some difference, and besides arent most caravans already going to be out and around the M25 at that time of year, you know summer holidays and all......

May 21, 2008
Visit site
I did my bit 4 years ago and joined the truck protest.
While I agree the holiday season has started, it's never too late to make your point.
20mpg? that's thirsty. I get 38.7 Mpg from my X type towing our van and the van is near top weight for the car. Towing my 750Kg box trailer I manage an impressive 45Mpg.

Fair fuel uk are trying their best to get the government to look at the fuel taxation issue and the fair pricing straturgy of the fuel stations. The very least we can do is to sign their petitions and badger our MP's.

If you bring up the fuel price anywhere in this country it sparks a very bouyant debate and a 100% support for lower prices at the pump. But when it comes to making a stand people scamper away and hide behind any feeble excuse they can.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts