We are Home

May 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi Lolly

Glad to see you arrived home safely. Can now look forward to some 'normality' on Forum. It has been quite dead! Hope everyone had a great time - I am sure they did.

Welcome back everybody.

Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
Oh gawd, there back.

So much for inteligent conversation!!

We will now have to listen to every twist and turn of a long drunken deborched weekend.

Go on then !! get it over with.

ttfn

Norfolk Mike

Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
Sorry, but you have to understand that when my only support came for two Ladies I was worried that I might seem anti Chap and that would totaly blow away what street cred that I still have.

I suppose that we could have tried again over Easter while only the thinking caravaneer was around.

Appert from someone called Ketts Norfolk is a bit shy on the Peoples revolt gig. (I think)

ttfn

Norfolk Mike

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mike

I will not go into details, (until the rest of the clan arrive at their respective abodes) about the easter weekend, so you will have to stay in suspense till then!

Lolly x

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Welcome back to you all,by the look of the pics you all had a good time but what is this about the problems with the site and its owners.Also did one of you have motor problems if so hope sorted ok.

I think we all like to put face to a name ,who is who in the pics?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hiya Tony, the only real problem with the site was the electric hook-up. These seemed to trip very easily and one night we went without any electricity at all, the whole rally field failing. Questionable customer service aside, the site turned out ok. Steve led the way with the motor problem, getting it fixed in the middle of a field with the help of the rest of the gang; they were the 5th emergency service! I think every rally will have a few problems, and considering we were all new to such an event I think we all did exceptionally well.

As for names to faces, you need to think about booking up for the next one...............

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Glad motor problem sorted ok,I would have liked to go at Easter but her indoors had to work(she works for a bank so cant always have bank holidays off!)If you see my previous posts I have organised rallies at Lickhill a few times (before EHUs on rally field)and never had problem apart from the river flooding once and always the owners ok no doubt if electric kept going off it probably is not up to the job and he was probably getting a lot of flack,as point of interest they have another site in Wales.

As I have said I have organised rallies in the past for 25 years and if you get an exemption certificate and join ACCEO they can give you lots of help,and also a list of suggested rally sites.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
I got home late last night after spending an additional unplanned night on a campsite near Dover. I had hoped to cross the Channel a day earlier but the administration charges for changing the booking were so high that I told them to lump it. It was considerably cheaper to stay another night in England.

When I stopped at the first aire in France, I realised that I must have dropped the caravan keys on the car deck of the ferry. I returned to port immediately but the boat was already off to Dover again. I reported the loss to the ticket office and now I'm hoping that someone has found them. Fortunately, I found a length of coat hanger wire in the back of the car and managed to bend it to break the kitchen window of the caravan open without doing any damage (so much for good door locks!). Once I had clambered inside, there was a second set of keys hanging on a hook.

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Lutz, sorry we missed you when we left but glad you arrived home safely.I think the others would agree that the weekend wouldn't have been the same without you. .Hope you ,and you good wife, can make it to a future meet .

Brian.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Is there a case of bad luck going around? With what's happened recently and something that happened to me on my first day back at work, I'm beginning to wonder.

My name isn't Earl, but it might be a Karma thing!

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
I got home late last night after spending an additional unplanned night on a campsite near Dover. I had hoped to cross the Channel a day earlier but the administration charges for changing the booking were so high that I told them to lump it. It was considerably cheaper to stay another night in England.

When I stopped at the first aire in France, I realised that I must have dropped the caravan keys on the car deck of the ferry. I returned to port immediately but the boat was already off to Dover again. I reported the loss to the ticket office and now I'm hoping that someone has found them. Fortunately, I found a length of coat hanger wire in the back of the car and managed to bend it to break the kitchen window of the caravan open without doing any damage (so much for good door locks!). Once I had clambered inside, there was a second set of keys hanging on a hook.
Just had a phone call from PO ferries in Dover that the keys were found. Big sigh of relief all round.

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
spill the beans then Lol, what happened on your first day back at work?

I have had the day from hell today, thank god I am off out with the girls tonight!

Lolly x

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It all started out ok Lolly, I was at Grantham Station supposedly to do routine maintenance on an air pressure system, I got there and it was faulty instead. So I started to fault find and was on the last test which involved checking for 240 volts on the motor, when all the power in the room went out. There I was all alone, and people from Network rail started coming in, they had lost all their comms, PA system, phones, computers, you name it, they lost it, and there was I, screwdriver in hand looking very guilty. Not so much train stations, more like panic stations! Because of the reorg of our works, no one was on site to help, the facility was unknown to me and my mobile phone was getting hot. Strange how your name gets thrown around very fast, when the proverbial hits the fan. I tried checking all the power points and trips/relays/consumer units I could find, they were all ok. Then in a last act of desperation I traced the incoming supply hoping to find (a hole to crawl into, really) something, and there it was, mounted high on the wall, in the dark, a separate mains switch. Click and it all came back!

If I was on the outside looking in, I would have blamed me for it, but I honestly do not think it was me that caused the switch to trip, just a bad case of coincidence.

I was toying with the idea of putting it down as overtime, as it made me late, but I think I will leave that little tiger, well alone.

So, why did you have a day from Hell, I did the beans, let's have some toast to go with them.....

;o)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ah, that was my fault, how was I to know, you can't use electrical blankets the same time as your electric fire, and kettle and water heater and charging up the RC's while watching a 42 inch plasma.

Hope your on a break Brian, cos isn't that the area manager I see behind you?

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Ah, that was my fault, how was I to know, you can't use electrical blankets the same time as your electric fire, and kettle and water heater and charging up the RC's while watching a 42 inch plasma.

Hope your on a break Brian, cos isn't that the area manager I see behind you?
Day off Lol, working Saturday,off Sunday ;O)

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
Hi Lol

Computer trouble, damn thing kept crashing at vital moments throughtout the day, network support not much help, ( what did I expect, it's a friday), stroppy guests, phone non stop ringing, no lunch, shall I go on?!..........

Lolly x

TRENDING THREADS