We are poorer

Jul 11, 2005
Visit site
Studies have shown that during the past decade the cost of household bills and taxes have risen by 55%.

Income has risen by 8% unless your a pensioner of course then it is far less.

But consumer goods and food has dropped by 3%

So its official we are some 50% worse of than we were 10 years ago!

Hav'nt we done well!!!!!!!!!!

Edd

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I don't think you need to be a pensioner to have not got an 8% increase. My husband hasn't had a payrise for two years now, but all our bills have gone up, including fuel and food. We are worse off now than 5 years ago.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Well thing have gone up a lot diesel,food, houses,ect But look around you half of them have 2nd home in the country or the coasts, New cars one for the wife as well, But people are working long hours to pay for it, That their choice, my health come first, we are not rich or poor but happy what we got nice car+van, it how you make your life the way you want to, Take some OAP all way moaning, not all of them do but look around the motor home they got

Aug 25, 2006
Visit site
My monthly take-home is actually less than it was when I started this job 9 years ago, despite my salary increasing by several thousands in the meantime.

Wheres it all gone Gordon? Changes in tax bands,NI, company car taxes etc, all gone to pay civil servants to push pens around, and of course in MP`s salaries and pensions.

Isn`t society funny, the scum that doesn`t sink to the bottom floats to the top.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts