We have a whistling noise in control panel

Nov 9, 2020
Visit site
We have a loud whistling noise seemingly coming out from control panel.

There is no alarm or lights showing

We have checked the battery the solar the waste the water.
We've tried taking fuses out one by one to see if any indication of why it's on. I cant post a video but i have one I can send to you. We have tried a long drive.
Disconnecting the battery.

Any ideas. We want to go out in wales now we are out of lockdown to support our sites here in Wales.
Here's hoping.! Thanks in advance
serif any indication

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Jeremy,

Not a problem I've come across before. What age, make and model of van and supply system do you have?

If its under warranty it would certainly be worth contacting your dealer, alternatively there is a company that has a great track record of repairing systems http://www.apuljackengineering.co.uk/
It might be worth a phone call.

Oct 21, 2020
Visit site
Hello Jeremy,

Not a problem I've come across before. What age, make and model of van and supply system do you have?

If its under warranty it would certainly be worth contacting your dealer, alternatively there is a company that has a great track record of repairing systems http://www.apuljackengineering.co.uk/
It might be worth a phone call.

Thank you
Its a Rapido 786f 2003
Fiat ducat

I'll give them a ring Tuesday
Thanks for imput, will update thus post when I know what's what

Nov 9, 2020
Visit site
Hi everyone,
Thank you all for your input

Although we had cleaned and dusted the cupboard at the back of the control panel we ended up taking it to someone who could remove panel to check. They took off each wire and cleaned each connection
No more whistling
Still don't know why so will monitor temps maybe it was a temp thing , who knows

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We had a similar problem with our control panel one minute working and the next not so we took it to someone he took it out and cleaned when it went back in it was working .

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I have a spare power unit that" has an electrical whistle" it disappears after about 15 minutes, I really need to check it out, other stuff gets in the way. . Like trying to put an awing up for sale, took the pictures, never posted.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts