Weather Scotland West Coast Tonight 19th June 2018

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
2300 hours, absolutely chucking down.

I love listening to rain when I am in the caravan :) , rocks me to sleep (so to speak).

Supposed to be dry after lunchtime tomorrow, who cares? :lol:

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Niall_McIntosh said:
I suppose, on a positive note, the rain keeps the midgies at bay as well...........

And the wind sends them off to Norway too.

Edit PS my wife has just come in from her hair dressers and the owner there has just come back from the west coast and said she loved Scotland and found the country beautiful. But visit again at this time of year? Never. She said the midges were awful and several times they had to give up walks and retreat to the motirhome with doors windows and vents closed.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Too true I worked in , The Shetlands, for a short time, every season in a 4 hour time scale, but what a lovely place,

Mar 7, 2015
Visit site
Anseo said:
2300 hours, absolutely chucking down.

I love listening to rain when I am in the caravan :) , rocks me to sleep (so to speak).

Supposed to be dry after lunchtime tomorrow, who cares? :lol:

Hopefully the sunny (if a bit breezy) day today has been better for you

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Sunny today, not particularly warm but acceptably pleasant, a strongish breeze but not a cold one, quite pleasant and great weather for walking.

I'm happy, :) .

I am hoping that it is nice where you are too, sgta. B)

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Been doing Scotland since 1974.
Eloped and married in Pitlochry a long time ago.
And the midges.
Well no where as bad some will tell you.
Only go April , May early June. Then again end August, September and onwards.
In between those months use Avon Skin So Soft. A skin oil solution that seems alien to the midge. Stay away from rivers and Lochs if you can,.
It’s a massive country and shouldn’t be missed because of a few midge Knats. :evil:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts