Weird Logic

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
I was recently towing my caravan back up through France and caught up with a British outfit that was doing the same thing.......I was able to have a good look at the other outfit and followed it for a while in traffic whilst traversing Rouen.....It was a brand new Mitsubishi 4x4 towing a brand new Swift twin axle.......an investment of around £60000.00 ...........Why weird logic?......The owner had spent all that money but apparently could not afford any towing mirrors!!!......when I was following I could not see his mirrors at all and he could not see me......His blind spots were large enough to hide a Truck!!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Barmy isn't it? The fine if he was pulled over and given a ticket would come to more than the cost of a pair of towing mirrors.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Agree with the above comments. Must be one of those 4x4 drivers who stick to the belief that the rules on rearward vision are met because their car is fitted with large mirrors. I've always fitted mirrors even when in Disco, Sorrie, Paj etc as I value the extra visibility.

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I had Herself time traffic in both extra mirror, and standard mirror just last month. There was a staggering 28 seconds before a selected car appeared in the standard mirror, AFTER it had appeared in the extention.
I never have towed without extra, but I certainly won't now!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts