We're Finally Legitimate

MAM

Aug 16, 2006
Visit site
We're finally legitimate members.

I joined this forum a couple of months ago when we starting thinking about buying a caravan.

We are now the proud owners of a 2005, Bailey Pageant Provence. I picked it up in South Wales 10 days ago and my first ever towing experience was driving from South Wales to Peterborough - picture the M42 on a Saturday late afternoon / evening - it was dark and raining.

Thanks to this forum I am confident that...

...I have the right caravan for my needs

...I have the right car / caravan combination

...I can tow this 24ft behemoth in safety

Thanks to advice given on this forum I was able to winch the caravan up my driveway, avoiding having to leave the caravan blocking the road.

The only thing left now is for myself and my family to use the caravan.

One small hitch is that my wife's due date is 15 days away so the prospect of being on a campsite - in labour - does not appeal. So I guess we'll have to wait - perhaps we'll get away during my Paternity leave.

We already have two young children, aged 3 and 5 and as they can't wait to sleep in the caravan, I think they will sleep in it tomorrow night on the driveway - with me as well obviously.

I would be very interested in hearing of the experiences of any forum member that has caravanned with young children, was there one thing you would have done differently etc?

Happy Caravanning.

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mike,and good luck to you and your wife with the baby.

As we have helped so much with the caravan ect how about we help with the babies name..;O)

Bailey's good or how about VANnessa ;o)

I'm sure the others can come up with some more suggestions.

Brian

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts