We're new to caravans....PLEASE ADVISE!

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Tanya

You have made a wise decision but don't let go of your dream, just delay it. Italy at the end of May is lovely so you have time to get everything sorted and tried in the meantime. The Caravan Club have a very good leaflet detailing all the papers you require and equipment needed for European travel which you can get off their website. Work your way through this over the winter and when appropriate you will be ready to go. I am already envious!!

best wishes

Chris

Feb 3, 2005
Visit site
Hi Tanya. You may have noticed you have two Keith's on here. I'm the one who encouraged you to "go for it". The other Keith has the opposite view, but never mind - opinions are bound to vary. The important thing is you were able to weigh up the opinions, assess the information, and make the decision that is best for you. Only you can do that and I congratulate you for it.

I second Chris's comments that you should hang onto your dream and do it at a later date.

On the subject of your husband's age, we met a couple in Spain this year where the husband was 78 and they were still towing to Spain - had been to the same site, at the same time, for 20+ years, and had made good friends with all the regulars!

Happy caravanning in the future.

KeithJ

Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
When I read the first post on this one I thought... total madness, but as you read on you think "go for it" if that is what you really have dreamt of doing ! I do think that you have come to the right conclusion though. We have recently returned from our first overseas holiday , and enjoyable though it was and we intend a return possibly next year, it is very expensive compared to staying in Britain. A month in Scotland cost us

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts