Western super mare looking for a family site

Jun 6, 2009
Visit site
Hi, starting the search for next years August summer holiday, and I fancy Western super mare for some reason, we have two children 7 years, any suggestions would be helpful. Cheers Phil

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Phil
The best holiday park for families with children close to Weston Super Mud has to be Holiday Resort Unity, Brean Sands which is about a 20 minute car journey from Weston.
It's not the cheapest site, but there is lots for all the family to do whatever the weather and the youngsters can join the on site kids club where they can be entertained all day and for the early part of the evening if you wish. Apart from the kids club there is swimming, bowling, horse riding, cycle and pedal cart hire, golf fishing as well as family entertainment in the evening, all on the site.
The adjacent funfair is accessible from the site via a foot tunnel under the road so there is no danger from traffic.
The site has good modern clean shower blocks with private family showers and the site is very large with 16amp ehu and hardstandings available.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Glad to help, enjoy your visit and let us know what you thought about the site after you come back
smiley-laughing.gif

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi topshelf, we have stayed there a lot of times (Unity farm) You will really enjoy it, especially the kids. If you like walking then the beach is not far away and a half hour stroll takes you into Burham on Sea. I prefere using the car though. There is a mini bus in early season and a train bus in high season that runs round the site taking people to the main complex at the top or bottom of site. Enjoy.
Stewart

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
We stayed at Northam farm over jubilee weekend and we found it a great place to stay. Just at the end of Brean'smain strip it caters for family's and is about 5 mins walk to the amusement park. The beach is a three minute walk over the road. It's not far from Weston or from Somerset's other delights and there is a Tesco supermarket about twenty minutes away back towards the M5... In fact you will passing your way to Northam Farm. Highly recommended. There is also a Bailey/Eldiss dealership there with servicing. High bridge Caravans is also not too far from it.

Jun 6, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the pointers guys, booked the unity site, however I will make a point to call at Northam Farm to check it out next year. Thanks Phill

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi Topshelf, been to Unity twice, you will enjoy it, well the kids will
smiley-wink.gif

Closer supermarket in Burnham on sea, (cant remember which one, found it on our last day)
If you are lucky some pitches have a tap but they wont designate a pitch with one for you.
I had one on 1st visit but not the 2nd time until i asked the warden nicely if there was a pitch with one, he found one for us.
Some of the taps though are shared and may pay you to equip yourself with an adapter like this one (click link)

Jun 6, 2009
Visit site
Yes nice little gizmo, but I think il be Ok if I get a water point I will fill the on board tank as well, that should last me a good few days, I have the water fill adaptor, thanks for the info. Phill

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
If you want a nice peaceful few hours,you could also make a trip to the other end of Brean(by the cliffs).
Plenty of rock pools for inquisitive little ones,a section cordened off from cars for the children to play on the sand in safety,and a cafe for snacks etc...

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
GeorgeandAde said:
If you want a nice peaceful few hours,you could also make a trip to the other end of Brean(by the cliffs).
Plenty of rock pools for inquisitive little ones,a section cordened off from cars for the children to play on the sand in safety,and a cafe for snacks etc...
Just don't go too far out, the mud is treacherous and the RNLI and rescue hovercraft are called out regularly during the holiday season to rescue people from near to Brean Down

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts