wet locker on unicorn barcelona

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
just a bit of safety advice when loading the wet locker on bailey bercelona.
please be careful of the fins on the radiator which runs along the top of the opening,ive just aquired a nice 2"slice to my hand, these fins are razor sharp so be careful .i have yet to contact bailey with reference to this hazard but will post any comms .
havent been on the forum for a while so hello to all of you & hope i havent broken any rules ta fxx

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
how can it be a WET locker with an Alde rad inside it... wet lockers are normally sealed plastic, which enable you to put wet boots etc inside without fear of water ingress.
but have to agree the alde rads are sharp.. does the unicorn have a wet locker, that is one thing we miss on our 2011 conqueror

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
sorry for my mistake ,its under bed storage locker but i still put me wellies in there . ive phoned bailey this morning & awaiting technical to reply will keep you posted

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi ntwdfxx,

I marval at some of the nicknames some people find....and wonder wher they get the ideas for them. However onto your subject;-

I think you may have found quite serious hazard. Lockers are designed for putting things in, and to have a sharp hazard hidden inside where you may not necesarily see it becasue of the angle of view or it being hidden by other items in the locker is rather dangerous. Apart from the actual cuts you may receive, there is the likley prospect that as the fins do get warm (After all that is their purpose) they will become the ideal breeding ground for all sorts of nasties that you do not want to get inside your body( through a cut for example.)

I hope Bailey do respond positively and come up with a sensible retrofittable solution.

Whilst you are right to make Bailey directly aware, I think you should also write to both Bailey and your seller (With whom your SoGA warranty rests) to formally advise them. Legally it is your seller who has sold the dangerous product to you and they are legally obliged to correct it for you.

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
Bailey describe the locker as "wet", as it has a plastic tray with a drain hole, then i suppose it is.

On the Valencia the ALDE heater is above the opening, and a wood board covers the front, is this missing?

Obviously the top and bottom has no cover, otherwise convection wouldn't take place.

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
afternoon ray, yes the wood front cover is in place but no protection on the bottom of the convector fins. these are the problem as they are pressed aly sheet be careful when loading this locker . i will be taking the "profs" advice & writing to bailey & my supplier .
thanks for your response
FXX

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
We have the Lunar Clubman SE and l have done the same thing, cut my knuckles when retrieving the camping table. l think most models that have Aldi heating have the same problem all it needs is a barrier against the fins, take note Manufacturer's if this was America bet you would have had loads of litigations.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts