Wet locker

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I wonder why a wet locker is so called? I guessed that it would be a place to store 'wet'items: coats, boots etc but found that a wet locker is an external opening to an underbed store, so it would be impossible to store wet items in a wet locker in terms of the 'van becomming damp. So why is a wet locker called a wet locker???

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Alan, not sure you have that right. I have a wet locker on my Abbeyand its a sealed locker, made of plastic or glasfibre with an external access door, it is totaly sealed from the inside of the van.

I also have an external access door to the under bed storage area.

Oct 11, 2005
Visit site
Like Alan, I could never work out what a wet locker is specifically for. I fitted an external mains point in mine and keep an extension lead and light for the awning in it. I wouldn't put anything wet in there - it would never dry.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sorry to re post, but, having seen other replies, and looking at my set up, I too have an external power point in the wet locker.

Am I being cynical and wondering what caravan makers are doing fitting a 240v electric socket in a WET locker?

I store the water pump and filling hose in mine, along with the mains cable.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Damian

I also have a 240v socket, but it does have a cover over it. I assume the idea of this locker is to transport home only wet stuff, because we left an outside mat in their and forget to dry it, some weeks later when we opened the locker it stunk and was still wet!

TRENDING THREADS