Whal Elite tap problem

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Whilst on holiday the bathroom tap would only work if I turned on the kichen sink tap first. Replaced microswitch and that is OK now. The problem part is when lifting up the tap shroud it split in half. I thought it was in chromed metal but it is just in plastic. Went on line for the part to no availe. They had most parts available apart from that one. Went on to breakers who none of them answered. Glued it with Gorills glue and reinserted it , troubles is the Joint still shows as. It cannot be turned because of the micro switch wires are in a groove where the cracks is .Paying up to about £95 for new tap is not on. Anyone. Know of where I can get one...

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Whilst on holiday the bathroom tap would only work if I turned on the kichen sink tap first. Replaced microswitch and that is OK now. The problem part is when lifting up the tap shroud it split in half. I thought it was in chromed metal but it is just in plastic. Went on line for the part to no availe. They had most parts available apart from that one. Went on to breakers who none of them answered. Glued it with Gorills glue and reinserted it , troubles is the Joint still shows as. It cannot be turned because of the micro switch wires are in a groove where the cracks is .Paying up to about £95 for new tap is not on. Anyone. Know of where I can get one...
Would one of these be suitable for fitting. If yours was non ms then a Screwfix domestic would be suitable.

unfurl="true"]https://www.amazon.co.uk/Caravan-Switched-Folding-Motorhome-Campervan/dp/B0CJP8N5YG/ref=mp_s_a_1_

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
To use domestic taps wouldd mean converting you van to a pressure system. Meaning a pressure switch, surge damper, some fittings and the tap. Around £130 plus labour, but it can be DIY.

But why do you need an identical tap. Ebay has loads of micro switch taps starting at £20.

John

Reactions: Robert_374373903
Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for replies but as said I did look on line and they were non micro or the few that were the spout was too long. I dare say some one will have one but as the tap is working there is no rush except every time I look at it my eyes get drawn to it

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts