Whale Aquasource.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Hi

Not been on the forum for a while however I need some advice regarding the Whale Aquasource blue mains water pipe.

As some of you are aware I live in Brisbane Australia and I have just purchased out here a 2007 Abbey Vogue 520, it has come with a small 12v blue short whale pump which is the type that you drop into the aquaroll but I need the longer Whale Aquasource for when I'm on mains water.

Where the Aquasorce plugs in on this van it does not have the 2 side metal connection strips like my last Sterling van had so my question is what are the 2 metal strips for and on my van that does not have them is the water simply pulled in via the on board pump then stops automatically when full.

Why do some have the metal strips and what are they for.

Thanks for any help/advice.

Tony
Brisbane
Australia

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
......the two metal strips are 12 volt DC electrical contacts which supply power to an external water pump that sits in an external water reservoir.
If they are not present on your new van then you have an internal water pump that simply sucks water from your external reservoir.
Both systems use water pressure switches to control the pump.

Please be aware that direct mains water connections have been known to flood caravans if the pressure reducing valve or other caravan components fail.
For this reason many owners prefer to have the mains supply to the external reservoir where it is controlled by a float valve.
Kits are available for this purpose.

Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
I used a Whale Aquasource at every opportunity on our last van and the device was 18 years old when it departed with the van. In that time it never failed. The story about flooded vans is often repeated, but I have yet come across a post from someone who has actually experienced this.

They do contain a pressure limiting valve, to prevent mains pressure being applied to the vans system. Unfortunately this is the weakness of the device, as the valve only needs to crack open a small amount when the van system pressure falls when a tap is opened. This has the effect of causing a low flow rate to the taps, often lower than that provided by the vans pump.

If the van has an onboard tank, use the Aquasource to fill that, but use the onboard pump as usual

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts