Whale exterior pump leaking

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I've recently bought a 2004 Adria Altea 502DK and before now I've never felt the need to use the Whale water pump. So I've sterilised it using a liquid steriliser. However, when I plugged the Whale pump into the connection on the caravan there was a lot of play and water came out around the pump conection. After some fettling I managed to get an acceptable seal for a few seconds but it then started to leak again. I've turned the 2 locking systems at the plug and there is still play unless I push against the plug. The Caravan came without a manual and although I got a pdf of a manual it doesn't have this type of exterior pump.

Am I missing something or is it the 'o' ring that needs replacing?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Boggie,

Without seeing your connection its going to be difficult to say what the problem is other than to agree, it should not leak.

I suggest the best way of establishing if you have lost an O ring or its correct size, is to take the pump assembly with you and visit your local whale dealer, and either ask advice there or compare it to other models on the shelf.

I hope it isn't the case, but it is possible the housing in the caravan is damaged or missing something, again checking with your dealer is the best way of resolving your current difficulty.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts