Mar 5, 2021
Visit site
Hi could anybody help. I went to get my van (bailey pegasus gt65) from our storage facility and give it a once over to get it ready for hopefully going away covid and all. But when I switched on the master switch the whale Ivan panel is just not working see pictures any help where to star to find the fault.

Attachments

• 20210305_105650.jpg
    20210305_105650.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 30
Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
You could try contacting the company for advice..
Caravan/Motorhome
Tel: +44 (0)345 9090 911
Email: info@whalepumps.com
Open Hours:
Monday to Thursday 9a.m. to 5p.m. GMT
Friday 9a.m. to 4p.m. GMT
Saturday 9a.m. to 1p.m. (voicemails checked between 1p.m. and 5p.m.) GMT
Sunday - voicemails checked betweeen 9a.m. and 1p.m. GMT

Reactions: Craigjojo2007
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
The main control panel in my Coachman looked the same at one time, the only fix was a replacment unit.

Apr 1, 2021
Visit site
Yeah I talk to the whale service team and they said the same 😪

Sorry to hijack the thread Craigjojo but did you find a supplier for the touchscreen unit that would sell you one for less than a small fortune? I’ve just broken mine today. On a van I picked up yesterday.

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi could anybody help. I went to get my van (bailey pegasus gt65) from our storage facility and give it a once over to get it ready for hopefully going away covid and all. But when I switched on the master switch the whale Ivan panel is just not working see pictures any help where to star to find the fault.
Sorry to hijack the thread Craigjojo but did you find a supplier for the touchscreen unit that would sell you one for less than a small fortune? I’ve just broken mine today. On a van I picked up yesterday.
Hi,
1. Is your other 12 volt equipment working ? I'm not familiar with the touchscreen in question,but I have found that if the battery fuse has ruptured there is no power to the screen.Check your battery fuse is intact.
2. Another thing - whale don't make touch screens,try and find out who the manufacturer is and contact them.I did this with tap microswitches and got replacements direct cutting out the tap manufacturer - this is a long shot but worth trying.

Apr 1, 2021
Visit site
Hi,
1. Is your other 12 volt equipment working ? I'm not familiar with the touchscreen in question,but I have found that if the battery fuse has ruptured there is no power to the screen.Check your battery fuse is intact.
2. Another thing - whale don't make touch screens,try and find out who the manufacturer is and contact them.I did this with tap microswitches and got replacements direct cutting out the tap manufacturer - this is a long shot but worth trying.
I can’t speak for the original poster but mine is definitely kaput. I shattered the screen with my finger.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If a touch screen can be so easily damaged, then the product is not fit for purpose and you should be talking to your seller as they may be liable under the consumer rights act 2015.

Apr 1, 2021
Visit site
I bought the caravan privately and it’s seven years old. I can’t imagine Bailey will listen to that argument to be honest.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I bought the caravan privately and it’s seven years old. I can’t imagine Bailey will listen to that argument to be honest.
Too true, not everything van be sorted by the CRA rules. Get realistic. Prof, they need info . There is double wiring into the unit that that can help,with the problem. Try changing the input source, I forgot about that.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts