What a day

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Yesterday the renewal from CC arrived so the usual trawl around began before I rang them to up the cover a little bit to allow for the new awning etc. Quite a price difference between a small porch and a full one for my twin axle coachman!

I've been with CC for the past 5 years as they have been until now the most competitive! I did however come across a number of things that I haven't faced before this years renewal.

Two companies had a total cover limit of £20,000 so that was a no as that wouldn't cover new for old on just the van and mover let alone all the kit!

One had maximum cover for awnings of £750 so if the van was stolen when the awning was inside I would not only of been out pf pocket on the excess but also out of pocket to £300 on the awning replacement!

One no cover without a tracker (okay fair enough)

Three more quotes that were higher than the cost of a cheap and cheerful caravan.

When I got back to the caravan club to make my ammendments it went up another £60

As if the phone calls and the constant questions aren't bad enough, the worst bit is the first broker I phoned has turned out £97 cheaper than the CC!!!! What a waste of the day.

It will get worse though as the car insurance is due as well so the phoning around starts again on Monday!!! I know I could do it online but there is no way of withholding details such as your phone number on line, whereas you don't need to give it in person on the phone just for a quote

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
as regards car insurance quotes I use Tescocompare and give the (wrong) phone number. If I take up one of the quotes I just correct my phone number (typo). Always infuriates me (victor meldrose syndrome) when you put all those details in and then they ring you and go through them all again!

of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
No not staying with CC, too uncompetitive this year Towgate minster seem to be coming up with the best deal so far for me!! And for the old rexi, looks like ecar are the best deal!!

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Martin24 said:
No not staying with CC, too uncompetitive this year Towgate minster seem to be coming up with the best deal so far for me!! And for the old rexi, looks like ecar are the best deal!!
Martin
Before you commit yourself , be certain you fully understand ALL their security requirements. Be sure they fully understand exactly where you store your Amara and what security is in place 24/7.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts