What are blinds for?

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
May 11, 2017
Visit site
I've been more wary of the opposite issue with the concertina silver blinds - that in winter storage you should always leave slightly open to allow air to circulate so damp doesn't get in between the window and blind.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Harby said:
- that in winter storage you should always leave slightly open to allow air to circulate so damp doesn't get in between the window and blind.

Whats "winter storage" we get out all year round. Even in the winter we don't have to close the curtains as the blinds work well enough and we have the pleated ones. Just as an after thought when we go away from the van on hot days and have the blinds we leave the windows on the half latches to allow some ventilation through. Never had a window heat problem.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Harby said:
- that in winter storage you should always leave slightly open to allow air to circulate so damp doesn't get in between the window and blind.

Whats "winter storage" we get out all year round. ...
Not everyone has the luxury of being able to go, or wanting to go, caravanning all year round. Each to their own,and for those who do store over winter they have the right to ask how to deal blinds and window etc.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
ProfJohnL said:
EH52ARH said:
Harby said:

Whats "winter storage" we get out all year round. ...
Not everyone has the luxury of being able to go, or wanting to go, caravanning all year round. Each to their own,and for those who do store over winter they have the right to ask how to deal blinds and window etc.

It would have been nice for you to have helped Harby rather than berate myself.
Best regards
Hutch.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Harby , just checked in our Coachman Manual, and it states for "Winterisation" do not leave the blinds down as the memory system ma be compromised. I don't understand that as they just pull down push up, maybe a left over from the roller blinds.
Hutch.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Harby , just checked in our Coachman Manual, and it states for "Winterisation" do not leave the blinds down as the memory system ma be compromised. I don't understand that as they just pull down push up, maybe a left over from the roller blinds.
Hutch.

Hutch
That’s not untypical. There was a recent post re tyre pressures and Fithawk (I think) had a manual relating to the previous years caravan and the difference in pressures was from
memory 42 to 55 psi. A touch more concerning than wether to leave blinds up or down.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Hutch.
Hutch,
You are correct. :)
I have both roller and pleated blinds. The roller ones left down weaken the return spring, the pleated we pull down during storage. The curtains do the rest. Nothing in my Bailey handbook says not to use them in hot weather.
I wonder if the newer poly plastic windows are now thinner and more susceptible to damage. :unsure:

Hoomer

BANNED
Jun 11, 2018
Visit site
Meh..... blinds down in storage, blinds down in the sun.
11 years old, still work fine and the windiws too.

If blinds down ‘damage’ windows, they are not fit for purpose.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts