What are the best sites in Essex?

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone. I hope you can help. We're trying to get recommendations for great sites in Essex for a feature in Practical Caravan magazine – can you help?

Big, full-facility sites or small, back-to-basics sites, club sites, independents, whichever you think are the best.

Thanks!

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
I have been there many many times as a branch of the family farmed there. Most of my learning to drive was farm tracks in an old Volvo kept for spares for another old Volvo and a fair bit of tractor driving. They used to visit us and stock up on trout (better than they could get at home) also they reckoned our apples to be better than theirs so used to bulk buy those when visiting too. Fish and Chips at the godfather in Billericy were good but man can not live on FnC alone. I wouldn't want to stay at South End as it's rather prone to fires. Battlesbridge for antiques quite good but that's where my knowledge of the county ends.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, it is one of the few places we have never been. The clubs seem to avoid it with only the C&CC having a site at Kelvedon Hatch near Braintree but that is promoted more as one for visiting London.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts