What are your 2018 touring plans?

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Jaillin , we have been to his site about 2 years ago on our first trip to France we used it as an overnight stay before continuing through to a further site , but it is a lovely placed site . you will enjoy it. Like yorkykev says , tunnel it. Its easy and simple and quick in and out in 35 minutes or less. Enjoy .

Craig

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
jallin said:
Hi thanks. we aren't taking our dogs but I am phobic about sickness so tend to steer clear of ferries unless I really have to! and I mean phobic..... However I have never been in the tunnel so am interested in people's opinions. Any tips you have for complete novices abroad would be really welcome......

You really don’t realise you are in a tunnel. You travel in your car, but can get out as there’s a person wide passage each side. It’s very smooth and at times you don’t feel the movement.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
jallin said:
Hi thanks. we aren't taking our dogs but I am phobic about sickness so tend to steer clear of ferries unless I really have to! and I mean phobic..... However I have never been in the tunnel so am interested in people's opinions. Any tips you have for complete novices abroad would be really welcome......

You really don’t realise you are in a tunnel. You travel in your car, but can get out as there’s a person wide passage each side. It’s very smooth and at times you don’t feel the movement.

Buy a copy of the CMHC travel book for France. Lots of useful information, campsites details, technical advice, speed limits and motoring law etc. A real useful purchase.

I could give lots of tips but my main one would be safety related. If you have an underslung spare wheel remove it from the carrier and put it in the van, or car otherwise in the event of a puncture you would be removing it whilst in the traffic flow. Take copies of the European Accudent Report form available on the web for free. So if the worst should happen at least you get an objective record of the situation.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Jallin , when we went we got the Eurotunnel also . we had never done this before so got there early and managed to get an earlier train so was better which helped. We were there by 6am in the morning and had a good run at getting to the site . I've been looking on Google Maps on my phone , if I remember correctly as we approached the site coming through a small village only a few minutes before you get to the site our sat nav told us to turn left which took us down a few small roads which were easy to negotiate but we had to turn around because it was the wrong road , it was only a few roads away but it seems to be taking you around the back of the site , I was not the only one as in front off me were 2 other caravans doing the same thing ! I remember walking across across in the place and they had little frog stuck in my flip-flops so be careful when walking on the grass !!
Enjoy .

Jan 20, 2018
Visit site
we have a few site booked already and itching to go away next week end but where.We have rejoind 2 rallies rallies this year as well in the south wales area.so we are looking to do a few of them hopefully.
,but so far aprt from french /spain trip in july aug we have these so far
Broadway Caravan Club Site Monday 19 February 2018 Friday 23 February 2018
Baltic Wharf Caravan Club Site Tuesday 03 April 2018 Friday 06 April 2018
Exmoor House Caravan Club Site Friday 04 May 2018 Monday 07 May 2018
Chatsworth Park Caravan Club Site Monday 28 May 2018 Thursday 31 May 2018
Baltic Wharf Caravan Club Site Monday 29 October 2018 Wednesday 31 October 2018
Picadilly farm ccc site for april 6th to 10th 2018

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We have already booked and paid the ferry for Spain. Probably do Spain again and also France as a lot cheaper over there than paying the high British camping prices for less facilities. We mainly use ACSI sites when visiting France and Spain.

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
Well, Mrs Keith and I already have a few outings planned and booked ...
Eye Kettleby Lakes in March
Norfolk in April
Hertfordshire in May
Dorset in June

We've had to make some changes to the number of nights away at during our long weekends due to a change in my working pattern and days off, but at least we'll be getting some use out of the 'van. We can't wait for the first trip!! :cheer:

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Good afternoon everyone. After purchasing our new Pastiche last July but only managing a poor 15 nights away from August to November, I have been busy booking weeks and weekends away. We have so far got a week in The Gower booked for Whitsun (and celebrating OH's 60th), a week in Pembrey with my sister and family in July, a week in Dulverton in August, then a week with 11 different family/friends groups on our most favorite site in the Forest of Dean to celebrate my ahem half century for August BH week and a week at Eye Kettleby Lakes in October half term (can't wait, never been). Also have weekends at FOD, Cirencester, Malvern, Broadway x 2, and Moreton-in-Marsh booked. As our first Grandson arrived in June last year, this year's Easter week will be in Cornwall visiting him so leaving the van at home.

Can't wait to get out to the van on drive, sort it all out and remove copious amounts of stuff dumped in there over the festive period and get sorting it ready hopefully for a cheeky very local trip to Slimbridge in Feb ... fingers crossed if decorating the lounge/kitchen/dining room is finished. Happy vanning everyone :lol:

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
I don't normally plan more than a month in advance , but currently I am in Australia for 3 months and will be unfortunately back early March and my first trip is to a C L called woody Kiln Milford Haven £11 per night for full 16 amp hook up , water hook up on every pitch , Aerial and Satellite hook up on every pitch , and I do believe drainage to every pitch is being installed this year , must have own sanitation as no toilet block , 1 mile from beach ,

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Sat & worked out my roters out last night until late summer time and every five weeks I get a long weekend so that's it , every five weeks we will be away - somewhere , starting with Scotland in February half term !!! B)
Haaaaaapy touring .

Craig

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts