what Awning to buy

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
Hi
weve just bought a brand new caravan - a 6 berth caravan. We want to buy an awning but to be honest we're a bit overwhelmed by what one to buy.

Are there any recommendations - we'd like a decent sized one as we have two children but not huge and want one that's easy to put together. Many thanks

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
There are so many awnings on the market to choose from, have you any particular make or model you fancy, do you want a lightweight one, a traditional pole one, or maybe one of the new air pole ones....

At this moment in time we have had our old awning up for the last six weeks, the only thing i wish it had was a internal mesh door like we have on our Kampa air awning as there have been quite a few wasps about and with the mesh door it keeps them out but lets plenty of ventilation in ....

Maybe it's something for you to think about when looking for one.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
With the exception of air, we have probably tried everything on the market. We are currently using an Isabella Magnum with our six berth twin axle, good fit, ample space for our needs, a doddle to put up. The full awning was good for space but a lot of time consuming pegging out to do. Tried a lightweight for weekends but didn't get on with it at all, especially putting up in a wind. Had a small normal porch for weekends but it was too small so where we are now, is in the middle.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
We sold the full size Isabella Capri Lux last year. It was a great awning but very hard work to erect especially on a hard standing. It spent most of its life in the loft and that took two to lift it up there. As Martin says the pegging out was a real slog.
That said for a long break or seasonal it was ideal.
We too use an Isabella Magnum with carbon x poles. An excellent half way house . So easy I put it up and down by myself.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We've also tried just about everything apart from air, and currently happy with the Isabella Magnum. It's short of a full awning, but bigger than a porch. There are many manufacturers that make awnings in that size, with a range of prices - you get what you pay for nowadays, but all mainstream manufacturers make a reasonable quality product.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
For ease and speed you can't beat an Air awning imho. No poles to grapple with.
Mel

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hello. I have been through the full range of awnings over the years and had some brilliant holidays and memories of sitting out in the awning at night with friends.
But the first time I put up my Kampa Air awning convinced me that never again would I struggle with poles.
I came home from that trip and sold my full traditional and two porch awnings via free adds.
All the traditional awnings are great i have no criticism of them at all but for my needs now the air awnings are the future.

Best wishes with whatever you go for I'm sure you will get enjoyment and I hope you will stock up the types of memories that I and my family have with our years of caravan holidays.
Brian

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts