what barbecue ?

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
as the title says !!!! just out of interest do yous use the gas outlet (if your van has one)on your van to run your barbecue ? can yous reconmend a barbecue suitable for a caravan please ? i was thinking smallish !!!
i know i need one of these
along with a length of gas hose and a couple of clips too !!
thanks

Jan 11, 2009
Visit site
Ken, nearly every day in the van we use this type of barbeque, no frills, does exactly as is says "Barbeques", sive is nice and small, light and with the nozzle you have highlighted, plugs directly into the outlet
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=portable+gas+barbeque&_sacat=See-All-Categories#
these barbeques are available from most accessory outlets, average price about £22,
hope this helps

Jan 11, 2009
Visit site
140.jpg
SteveP said:
Ken, nearly every day in the van we use this type of barbeque, no frills, does exactly as is says "Barbeques", sive is nice and small, light and with the nozzle you have highlighted, plugs directly into the outlet
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=portable+gas+barbeque&_sacat=See-All-Categories#
these barbeques are available from most accessory outlets, average price about £22,
hope this helps

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
If you are using gas for your BBQ, save yourself some money and cook on the gas stove supplied with the caravan. IMHO cooking on gas defeats the purpose of having a BBQ. Much prefer a charcoal BBQ or braai as we call it!

Jan 11, 2009
Visit site
this type barbeque, with the lava rock, does exactly the same as a conventional barbeque,fat drops on hot rock and smokes the food, except ready to cook in 5 mins, controlable heat, minimal mess, 20th century
smiley-laughing.gif

Jan 11, 2009
Visit site
this type barbeque, with the lava rock, does exactly the same as a conventional barbeque,fat drops on hot rock and smokes the food, except ready to cook in 5 mins, controlable heat, minimal mess, 20th century
smiley-laughing.gif

Apr 22, 2004
Visit site
We have a Cadac and it one of the best items we have purchased. No need to have cooking fumes in the Van. I have 2 hoses one to connect to the van and the other for a free standing bottle, just for that bit of extra flexibility as the hose point is at the front left hand side and not always the best place when cooking.

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
For many years I also shunned buying a gas BBQ saying the same as all others who have never tried it that it's not proper BBQ'ing, probably around 8 years ago I decided to buy myself a gas one and give it a go, I honestly believe that well cooked food on gas and not charcoal can and is as nice, personally I also think it's not just the food but the outdoor setting which all adds to the overall meal and whether gas or charcoal it is brilliant, I now have a fairly large gas model for garden use and a cadac which is kept for use in the caravan, the cadac was recently used for cooking breakfast on for 6 people every day for two weeks along with umpteen actual BBQs, the ease of use in my opinion far out weighs any slight loss in smokey flavour which you would get from charcoal, at the end of the day it is all down to personal choice but I may and probably am wrong in saying gas models seem to becoming ever more popular, re using it from the gas point on my caravan I did to start with but have now purchased another gas bottle as it wasn't always possible to use the caravan, such as when I had my full size awning up, my gas point is on same side and cooking inside the awning is definitely out, also I think whilst cooking on the BBQ you want to be able to chat and mix with the people your cooking for which isn't always possible if your gas point is in the wrong place.

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
I've got a 3 metre hose with a bayonet and socket fitted to give me some movement,for some reason Bailey fit the bbq point on the offside.

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
Deli Dave_374550494 said:
I've got a 3 metre hose with a bayonet and socket fitted to give me some movement,for some reason Bailey fit the bbq point on the offside.
was thinking the same as my outlet will be inside the awning so a length of hose should take me out side !!!
surfer , why mess up the inside of the van when you can do it outside ? i have a large barbie at home and have friends/family over regulary 10-15 at times and we have a ball cooking/drinking /chatting around the barbie, its a bit of crack blowing the smoke out of you eyes lol and yes my barbeq is a gas one with the lava coals, flames be everware at times lol,
stevep , thats the one i was looking at last nite !!!!
i was looking at the cadet but sounds dear ! (looks small but has a lot of plates/grills/etc)
thanks again folks !!!

May 8, 2010
Visit site
We have a Cobb, the one with cobblestones or briquets, which is excellent (hot in 4 mins, no smoke), there is a gas version according to the booklet that came with ours, I cant say I've ever seen one in a shop though.

Jul 2, 2008
Visit site
We also have a Cobb and can't speak highly enough of it. I don't much go for the Cobblestones though, I don't find they get as hot as charcoal so the cooking takes too long. Using charcoal, 9 briquettes last for about 2 hours and it's great for doing jacket spuds, whole chicken, gammons etc. I did 4 sirloin steaks the other night and they were gorgeous.
We got the one with all the accessories, wok, griddle plate, frying pan etc and the whole lot packs away into a compact storage bag, very convenient.
We also have a Prestige electric multi-cooker from Lakeland which we use in the awning, so most of our cooking is either charcoal or electricity, so we minimise our gas useage. We are still using the same bottle that we bought towards the end of last season and we have been away for about six weeks + this year.
Cheers
Mick

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts