Nov 11, 2006
Visit site
we got fed up with all the bits we were having to clean after using our cadac so we bought a cheapo table top BBQ which kept blowing out even though it was a calm day!

we are now looking for a small charcoal BBQ that is at waist level with just the wire rack, but the rack has to be height adjustable

any suggestions or recommendations Please?

Apr 15, 2005
Visit site
Hi Robin

Don uses a small round waist high very basic BBQ but not sure if it has a name.

It is possible one of the cheapest we found in a supermarket, in fact I think it was in Germany but they are the same here.

We have cooked for loads of people on it and Don would not carry anything bigger or heavy as the weather here in the UK is not always BBQ weather. Do not think we have used it this year although we have cooked in the rain before...

Just go to a large warehouse type place they may have them there. I`m sure someone here will be able to help you.Joyce

Apr 15, 2005
Visit site
Hi Robin

The legs on the ones we have do remove easily and the BBQ does not taken up very much room. Ours lives in the locker at the front of the caravan with a bag of charcoal. Joyce

G

We use a disposable BBQ with a BBQ stand. No mess. No waste. No cleaning afterwards. It's great for the two of us but probably not ideal for a family or large group, unless you use two or more. No "built-in" adjustable griddle tray but you can make your own to fit one. Or use the grill pan tray.

50630_normal.jpg

Sep 13, 2006
Visit site
I rec a kettle type (lid) BBQ, you do not need to adjust the height of the grill as the temperature is easily controllable with the vents, it will not blow out and the food cooks very evenly.

They can be picked up for

Oct 29, 2007
Visit site
Hi Robin, iv found the best place for a reasble , cheapie that last,s a few season,s you will hard pressed at B AND Q,

the sort of the thing your after they do, we got a new one last year, the prevouse one gave up the ghost, again this to was from b and q, this new one, we picked last year came in at only about TENNER, REAL BARGIN AND WELL MADE, a tip, to prolong the life of the barbie, and easy to clean onced cooled, lay tin foil to the bottom, as said onced cooled, just lift the foil and ash, i put the ash in my compost and throw the foil in the bin.Easy and less elbow grease, all the best job, happy vanning and safe journies...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts