what caravan club site is your favorite and why?

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
you know me i only ever go to cc sites and i would love to here which one is your favorite and why.

what the pitches are like?.

the facilites?.

the area and activities, etc etc?

thanks

jo-anne

Jan 12, 2007
Visit site
I have 2 in mind that I cannot separate but for different reasons and the same shortcoming. Although we don't restrict ourselves to CC Sites we always look for similar set-up and quality.

The first is Rowntree Park, York as it has all the amenities of York within a 10 minute walk and if we can be bothered to move the car - The Vale of York, Yorkshire Coast/Moors/Dales are all within easy reach. In addition all pitches are hardstanding.

The other is Yellowcraig at Dirleton (North Berwick) - an hour from home, glorious beach is only a 10 minute walk and North Berwick and the surrounding villages/attractions provide plenty to do whatever the weather.

I our opinion the only thing that would improve the respective sites would be if they had river/sea views and fully serviced pitches. Appreciate this is not possible on Rowntree due to flooding from The Ouse however the location more than compensates.

Difficult one this as Chatsworth Park, Troutbeck, and Gibson Park we also like for other reasons. However for us Chatsworth whilst a near perfect location has too many pitches crammed into the site and Troutbeck is a bit of a drive every day to the local attractions if the weather is not good. However I am sure many would choose Troutbeck for this very reason.

Looking forward to other replies as we are starting to think about some sites we have not tried for 2008.

The best thing about CC sites is that they cater for all preferences.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ooopps, sorry, no one likes a smart arse...

19.gif

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
lisa, you nutter. i wish i was writing a book then maybe i could be rich. you know me trying to plan well ahead of next year. trying to get craig to plan well it aint working. i would love to go to dorset or wales but i think we will proberbly go to the lakes and yorkshire. i dont mind but he said he will go to yorkshire if i get a bike, lol. it will have to be a bloody big strong bike with a huge seat for my fat a*se and it must be pink with glitter on it, lol.

jo-anne

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Jo,

You gotta get tough girl. Put your foot down, just do what I do and say 'WE are going to wherever'.

Are you getting a Kawasaki or Raleigh?

p.s Why haven't you put some pics of the lovely Storm in the 'post pics of your pets' section??

Lisa xx

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

We Haven't stayed on many Caravan Club sites despite being members, but Grantown on Spey and North Ledaig would be our top two, with Noth Ledaig top.

You have got to see these showers, all chrome and touch sensitive, amazing !

Stunning view, great area to explore, direct access to beach, good shop, good playarea, grass and hardstanding. No downside, apart maybe for it's location in the UK, but it's well worth the trek.

We're going to try The Ranch at Maybole in November, looks good, just trying to get a wee bit more recent info about it.

Cheers,

Alex.

Oct 9, 2006
Visit site
Hi Jo, As you, we only stay at Caravan Club sites. Mainly because the guaranteed high standard of facilities etc.

Our two favourite sites are pretty local to us.(South Wales)

No1 Tredegar Country Park CC

No2 Pembrey Country Park CC (Jubilee Site)

Both sites are very picturesque lots to do locally and very friendly Wardens.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Jo-anne

Have no fear, 90% of our stays are at CC sites.

Lake district, go for Troutbeck.

Be adventurous and do Grantown On Spey or Dunnet Bay or Morvich in Scotland.

Wil this be the maiden voyage trip you are planning?

Cheers

Alan

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
Hi Jo, As you, we only stay at Caravan Club sites. Mainly because the guaranteed high standard of facilities etc.

Our two favourite sites are pretty local to us.(South Wales)

No1 Tredegar Country Park CC

No2 Pembrey Country Park CC (Jubilee Site)

Both sites are very picturesque lots to do locally and very friendly Wardens.
hi andrew, id love to go to wales but my oh wont go and he tows. we did both have bad holidays in statics in our younger days but not together. i would love to give wales another chance. i think im just gonna have to be firm, lol.

jo-anne

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
Hi Jo-anne

Have no fear, 90% of our stays are at CC sites.

Lake district, go for Troutbeck.

Be adventurous and do Grantown On Spey or Dunnet Bay or Morvich in Scotland.

Wil this be the maiden voyage trip you are planning?

Cheers

Alan
thanks for replying. craig fancies the lakes or yorkshire or both maybe. so ill be checking the sites out you recommended.

jo-anne

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We haven't stayed on many CC sites but we always enjoy them in one way or another - you have a good idea what you're going to get. Our favourite is Meathop Fell in Cumbria, partly because it's close to home - so getting there for weekends is not a problem, but it's also in a nice area, got several different areas within the site - so it can be different each time you go and the wardens are friendly!

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
not stayed at too many CC sites, but of the 6 i have moreton on the marsh comes top. its got the cotswolds and historic oxford and bleniem on its doorsteps. what also helps is its pretty centrally placed in england.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Jo-Anne

We tend to go more for CL's these days but if we go on a larger site always look for a CC site. Chester will always be a favourite as it was the first site we ever went to. Edinburgh is great as well because of - well, Edinburgh! Others we would always return to are Brighton, Henley, Morn Hill, and Richmond,

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Jo-anne,

We also tend to mostly use Caravan Club sites. Picking a favorite is difficult because all of the sites we have visited have been to an excellent standard, its only the location which has made a difference. Short list for favorite would include:

North Ledaig - scenery wonderful, pitches next to the shore, convenient for trips around area including Oban.

Rowntree Park, York - Very handy for visiting York and all its attractions, easy walking distance to city centre means you can park up the car and forget about driving for a while.

Fairoaks, Chester - Convenient for visits to Chester, normally make use of the park and ride at the gates to the Zoo. The zoo itself worth a day out with the kids. Large shopping centre just up the road with multiscreen cinema. Also just minutes off the motorway so very easy to access.

Southport - Again within easy walking distance of the town, also free bus service to town centre just along the road from the site. Situated next to large park.

Blackpool South - Minutes from the M55, easy access to and from the town's attractions.

Like them all, just depends on what we are looking for at that particular time.

Robert

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts