What caravan would you recommend?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
As I said in my post yesterday we are thinking of part/exing our 10 year our Avondale Landranger for a newer van.

We were thinking of Bailey Senator but have had mixed response to our earlier post. What would people recommend.

We are looking for

2-4 berth

End bathroom

NOT fixed bed

Single-axle

We have a budget of up to £12.5K (including part-ex value of old van of up to 5.5K

2004 or later

Best build quality we can get!

ALL personal opinions and experiences are very welcome.

Still welcome further comments on our earlier possibility of Bailey Senator Arizona.

Thanks in anticipation

Tim

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
tim, have a look at broadlane caravans, highbridge caravans and davan caravans. they all do special editions and are great value for money. i know broadlane alcester do a swift fairway end bathroom, side dinette, single axel, twin seats with chest with all the extras for approx

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
tim, have a look at broadlane caravans, highbridge caravans and davan caravans. they all do special editions and are great value for money. i know broadlane alcester do a swift fairway end bathroom, side dinette, single axel, twin seats with chest with all the extras for approx

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for that Jo-anne. I'll look into those models. Unfortunately those dealers are a bit far away as I'm in the North West (sorry I meant to put that in the original post)

We have certainly walked the walk around about 7 NWest dealers over the last few weekends. We'll be getting caravanner's knee soon (LOL). Why can't these dealers provide steps for their models for sale. Saw a couple looking around at Campbells carrying their own last weekend

More comments very welcome.

Feel free to tell it as it really is in your experience - good and bad that's what no review or reading up can give.

Thanks again.

Tim

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Tim we had a Bailey Pageant Monarch, now have a Senator Indiana. We have been delighted with both. The Monarch has an end bathroom of gigantic proportions, (I'm 6 feet 3 and ws 15 stones and I fiited in the shower easily.) The senator, a fixed bed so you won't want an Indiana, is the same build but 4 inches wider. The Series 6 Pageants have everything in them similar to the senator except they are narrower and don't have an inboard water tank. The Monarch Max Wt is 1258 kg, The Senator Vermont, 2 berth end bathroom, a fair bit heavier. The monarch is about

Oct 14, 2006
Visit site
Hi Tim. I am on my third Coachman, a superb van, excelent build quality, fittings, all in all great. My present van is a 460/2, large end bathroom which my wife loves.The down side is weight, I tug with a Santa Fe 2 ltr turbo. There are some good looking s/hand on caravan finder.com

Happy hunting

Rod

Aug 25, 2006
Visit site
If you want a bargain van, how about a Compass Corona 524 ( the layout you want),`LUX` pack (removable carpets,CD player,spare wheel & carrier), 2006 model but brand new at

Dec 2, 2006
Visit site
sorry if I am going to upset the UK van users but I don't think you can get close to Hobby or any german for that in terms of value and build quality. Rhyl has a big UK delaership or you can import. UK legal with conversions and far superior to anythng I have seen in UK.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Tim - just don't buy British!

We've had 3 British vans, all from new - the build quality and damp was awful. So now we've bought a French van new in 2004 - a Caravelair Eden 470/2, and guess what, in 3 years of regular use we've had nothing go wrong except a loose fridge, which Highbridge came out to fix on a Sunday to our home about 1 hour after our phone call - how's that for service and quality? Unless the English manufacturers wake up, they'll end up the same way as the motorcycle industry and Rover.........??!!

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
a lot of british vans are poor yes namely the two big ones swift and explorer but even these two make some good vans at the top of the range.

However one manufacturer that can hold its own against any german or foreign van for quality and beats most of them for fixtures and fittings is coachman, you will not better the build or finish and certainly will not get the same level of equipment in any foreign van.

Plus at least with a coachman its british and a damn site easier and cheaper to insure and they are welcome on all sites unlike some foreign vans.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts